Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

North Fae arctic parkas - in stock anywhere?

(33 Posts)
monkeysmama Mon 29-Nov-10 11:49:44

Exactly that - I want a North Face arctic parka in a medium. Black preferably but the navy or brown will do. TIA.

DukesOfTripHazard Mon 29-Nov-10 11:51:14

I don't think they sell them in UK stores. Annoying.

5GoldenFimbos Mon 29-Nov-10 11:54:27

The Cotswold Shop have them but only in the brown. Hold on will link....

5GoldenFimbos Mon 29-Nov-10 11:58:00

Ah out of stock in your size.

They have it in cream - here

monkeysmama Mon 29-Nov-10 12:03:07

Tried them all and cream's no good. Thought someone might know somewhere with a new delivery!

Lagsjam Mon 29-Nov-10 12:14:31

Have you got a North Face shop? I got mine there a month ago - am in Scotland. I love it.

5GoldenFimbos Mon 29-Nov-10 12:36:13

I was in a Cotswold Shop on Saturday and fleeting looked at them. Maybe you could phone and ask if any of them have them in your size?

HalfTermHero Mon 29-Nov-10 19:31:24

I hope you find one. They are the daddy of winter coats. You will never be cold again.

apple99 Mon 29-Nov-10 19:37:41

here in brown

monkeysmama Tue 30-Nov-10 09:22:04

Found one in a black - it is a large but I'll just wear a bigger jumper.

Thanks for all the help. Now to find snow boots....

LetThemEatCake Tue 30-Nov-10 10:35:58

Oh MM. You won't be sorry. So toasty. smile

(ps I wear a medium and have no chest, so L might not be toooo bad for you)

monkeysmama Tue 30-Nov-10 10:46:11

Oh that makes me happier Cakey thank you. I was going to ask what size you wore but have been dithering so much I just had to order it while they had it. I've ordered snow boots like Esher's on another thread too. We are off to Italia next week and it's thick snow!

LetThemEatCake Tue 30-Nov-10 10:58:35

which ones are they MM? I am contemplating getting some. We live on a hill (as you envisage) and I have terrors of slipping while carrying L.

hope you are feeling better

(I know am not supposed to be on MN but is for sake of warmth advice, not W&A!!)

LetThemEatCake Tue 30-Nov-10 10:59:08

as you can envisage. Since you know my neighbourhood.

monkeysmama Tue 30-Nov-10 11:07:19

These ones in black. I have a real soft spot for moon boots but I already have some of those shaggy sherling style apre ski boots and think they may've been a step back to the 80s too far for dp.

It's snowing quite heavily here and is lovely. Feel bit brighter thanks - hope you're better soon too.

Do you have any Timberlands? I have the basic work boots and they never skid. Stay safe!

MrsAlwaysRight Tue 30-Nov-10 11:07:38

Can get 15% off at Cotswold Outdoor using code: AF-CTC-M7 makes it about £220

CHOOGIRL Tue 30-Nov-10 11:18:04

I have an Arctic Parka at home in large ready to go back. MM I am size 12 with chest and it fits fine. I'm not sure whether I can justify keeping it having bought the Max Mara last week. I have 50 days to decide. What to do?

HalfTermHero Tue 30-Nov-10 12:02:21

Is the Max Mara warm as fuck? If it is anthing less than exactly this you should roll with the artic parka. With the zipp up full and the hood done up even a snow storm feels quite warm and cosy. I hardly notice I have even left the house in mine grin. It makes the transition from bed to outdoors much more bearable.

FritziGreenEyes Tue 30-Nov-10 12:24:19

mm We have a North Face shop here. If you want to I can get the coat and mail it to you?

monkeysmama Tue 30-Nov-10 15:26:44

Choo I missed your new Max Mara envy. Will look for a link to it now!

Thanks very much for the offer Fritzi. If this one doesn't fit I'll let you know because it has taken some serious looking to find it. Much appreciated grin.

AuldAlliance Tue 30-Nov-10 15:47:02

Black ones in Medium available here.
And free postage until the 5th Dec.

Am v envy, wish I could afford one!

DukesOfTripHazard Tue 30-Nov-10 16:19:31

Earlier comment based on them not stocking the arctic in the Covent Garden North Face btw.

Pannacotta Tue 30-Nov-10 16:58:59

Does anyone know what the sizing is like?
I may get one of these as its very cold here again this winter. I'm a 10-12 and not sure to go for a medium or large...
Auld I couldnt see the Artic parka on your link, it was a padded/down coat I think.

HalfTermHero Tue 30-Nov-10 18:13:29

Pannacotta - You should go for a medium I think. I am an 8-10 and mine is a small and I can get a thick jumper under it fine. A medium will allow you to do the same with a few layers.

I walked a couple of miles in constant snow fall today in mine (with the hood up!). Was honestly not cold, even for a second. I bought mine last winter and I will use it for years to come, it was a good investment.

Pannacotta Tue 30-Nov-10 19:53:21

Thanks HalfTerm, now I just need to find one, easier said than done I think!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: