Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

how can I revive a down snowsuit?!

(9 Posts)
muminthesun Sat 27-Nov-10 17:30:43

Hi,just washed ds2 down snowsuit,its gone all flat and the feathers are kind of clumped together,tried giving it a good shake but its not helping.Any Ideas? He's only worn it twice!

DooinMeCleanin Sat 27-Nov-10 17:31:58

Is it fully dry yet? My down filled coat does the same but soon fluffs back up once t is properly dried (which takes a good few days hung near a radiator)

Mumsnut Sat 27-Nov-10 17:33:50

Put in tumble dryer on low-ish heat with clean tennis balls

muminthesun Sat 27-Nov-10 17:34:29

Almost dry,shall put it on radiator and see if that makes any difference,thanks

muminthesun Sat 27-Nov-10 17:35:59

Really,tennis balls? Will try that too,

mathanxiety Sat 27-Nov-10 17:36:28

You need to dry it in a tumble dryer, and put three tennis balls into the dryer with it. The balls will bounce around in the dryer and knock into the snowsuit, preventing the down from all clumping in the one spot or getting flat. The high heat also fluffs up the feathers and dries them off properly - you really have to be sure down is dried all the way through. It's worth going to a launderette to do this if you don't have a dryer. If it's dry now, wash it again.

Polyester fill is much more practical for a snowsuit as it dries much faster.

mathanxiety Sat 27-Nov-10 17:37:04

x-post...

bishboschone Sat 27-Nov-10 19:27:17

you must always tumble dry feathers , and they take ages and ages to dry even n the dryer. make sure you dry it quickly thoufh as it will start to smell soon if not.

notquitenormal Sat 27-Nov-10 19:44:31

I used to have a down coat that I washed & tumble dried with a pair of trainers. The trainers (which also needed a wash) would bang around and stop the feathers clumping.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: