Talk

Advanced search

Rocket Dog boots, anyone got these or similar?

(20 Posts)
DebiTheScot Fri 26-Nov-10 22:30:01

www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1278233

I think I really like them although I think I wanted the front/toe bit to be slightly chunkier. And I'm nervous about buying boots online (although it's free delivery and returns so not really a problem)

Does anyone have these or anything similar you'd recommend? About GBP100 max. (don't think the pound sign is working)

DebiTheScot Fri 26-Nov-10 22:33:45

ooo maybe these instead www.office.co.uk/womens/rocket_dog/chomps_biker_bo ot/10/7060/19098/1/

DebiTheScot Fri 26-Nov-10 22:36:47

mmm just looked at the 1st pair on rocketdog's website and I don't think they are leather but ASOS says they are.

mathanxiety Sat 27-Nov-10 02:16:31

I love them both. I think at that price they're probably leather.

ethelina Sat 27-Nov-10 03:04:33

I think they're both great. I personally prefer the first but the second are chunkier so more your thing. You could order them both and see which you like more in the flesh.

IreadthereforeIam Sat 27-Nov-10 09:53:21

I've got the second ones - really comfortable, and I live in them at moment. Unfortunately, they aren't leather though, but I sprayed them with some waterproofing stuff, and they seem fine.

verytellytubby Sat 27-Nov-10 09:59:12

I've got the first from last year and I love them.

LadyOfTheFlowers Sat 27-Nov-10 10:02:52

Wish I'd got those.

I bought some Sugardaddys on the 6th of this month and they are wearing through already.

Been using the bus a lot recently too so not sure what that's about. Not happy.

TheOriginalNutcracker Sat 27-Nov-10 10:04:05

Lady, I have a pair of sugardaddys, got them last year and they are still going strong and I have worn them alot.

Can you not return yours ??

LadyOfTheFlowers Sat 27-Nov-10 10:09:48

I was thinking about trying today.

Can they refuse on the grounds I am, shall we say, carrying a little extra post baby weight?
I mean, I would wear shoes out quicker than someone ten stone wouldn't I?
That's why I haven't tried so far - too scared. blush

Didn't mean to hi-jack, sorry.

TheOriginalNutcracker Sat 27-Nov-10 10:11:07

I really wouldn't think that that would come in to it at all Lady.

Worth a try i'd say smile

Where di you have them from ?

LadyOfTheFlowers Sat 27-Nov-10 10:17:15

Soletrader.

I was actually looking for Art shoes (very tough) but she looked at me like I was bonkers and seeing as they are a 'label' type store, I thought they would have them. hmm

Indith Sat 27-Nov-10 10:20:34

I'm on my second pair of Rocket Dog Slopes. I used to love Rocket Dog but have fallen out with them a bit. I have some lovely silk ballet pumps by them that I have had about 10 years now and are fine. I wore a pair of trainer type shoes by them to death but when I replaced with the same model they just killed my feet, they didn't fit right even though should have been identical. My first pair of their boots did me a winter in Russia but their replacements are just not as good

piratecat Sat 27-Nov-10 10:26:10

i am in love with the Nokout ones, altho they seem quite hard to find in black and in a 6.

i love these

LadyOfTheFlowers Sat 27-Nov-10 15:55:50

Got a refund on the Rocket Dogs - no questions asked - she said the soles were splitting. Also that there has never been a return on SugarDaddys for the 3 years she has worked there.

I replaced them with these which are not going to wear out or split in a hurry, that's for sure.

Better in the rain I thought too.

MayorNaze Sat 27-Nov-10 17:47:53

i have got the second pair the OP linked to. i love them and have eulogised many times on here grin

i have worn them pretty much non-stop this winter, last winter and a little bit of the winter before that and only now are they starting to wear out a bit. and i walk a lot.

DebiTheScot Sat 27-Nov-10 18:24:10

I tried on both pairs today in Schuh and although I liked the look of the 2nd pair better they were too wide at the heels.
The 1st pair were fine but they're not leather so I'm not sure.

I like the look of the Nokout ones too, will have a look later for them in a 7 somewhere.

Had no luck anywhere else with finding anything I liked.

DebiTheScot Sat 27-Nov-10 18:28:23

Nokout's on ebay for 70. Is it too risky to order them from ebay though in case they don't fit??

piratecat Sun 28-Nov-10 09:46:09

hmm not sure, have to look at the terms and conditions of the seller.

i am wary of that too, as i am a 5 1/2 and sometimes 6 in boots are huge on me.

DebiTheScot Mon 29-Nov-10 11:26:19

I just went for it. Decided it was worth it when I haven't seen anything else anywhere tht I really like. So fingers crossed they'll turn up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now