Talk

Advanced search

can anyone advise me on sizing for Timberland please?

(15 Posts)
messylittlemonkey Fri 26-Nov-10 19:33:15

Hi

I like a pair of boots on the Timberland website

Anyway, I take a size 42, which is a UK 8 or 9 depending on the store. So, when a website just gives the size as '8' I can't be sure if they are a 41 or a 42. Majority of the time, a UK8 seems to be a 41 and that is a bit small for me. The Timberland ones don't go beyond an 8.

Does anyone know how their sizing works?

hmm I'm a size 8 UK and my timberland boots fit well, in fact they are almost a tiny bit too big so you should be ok.

Which boots are you thinking of?

messylittlemonkey Sat 27-Nov-10 09:44:24

Thanks Libra

I like these

apple99 Sat 27-Nov-10 10:10:48

I am a big size 8 and fine timberland on the large side. Am sure you will be fine going for the 8.

BaroqinAroundTheChristmasTree Sat 27-Nov-10 10:15:29

I'd say they're on the big size too - I have some Timberlands that are actually a 3 1/2. I'm usually a 4 or 5 (depending on shop).

My 3 1/2's a tiny bit tight - but still wearable (and certainly as I bought them 2nd hand but still with tag attached for substantially less than what they'd have cost new I'm not complaining)

treehuggermother Sat 27-Nov-10 12:07:41

I ordered these in dark brown a couple of days ago, in size 8. Same problem as you, usually a 42 but these are a 41. I also have very wide feet. Due for delivery on wed, so can let you know then if you don't mind waiting?

I really hope they fit, will be so disappointed if they don't!

treehuggermother Sat 27-Nov-10 12:11:19

Sorry, to answer your actual question, the size guide on the site says women's 8 is 41. I am relying on them coming up big.

messylittlemonkey Sat 27-Nov-10 12:21:46

Thanks Treehuggermum, I will indeed wait if you don't mind updating then? fingers crossed that they fit but it sounds hopeful!

treehuggermother Sat 27-Nov-10 12:35:30

Yes, keep your fingers crossed! It's good to share the excitement, my husband couldn't understand

Nice boots messy,I was considering those as well until I read the fleece was around the top and I am looking for fleece lined for added warmth! I like the look of these
www.timberlandonline.co.uk/on/demandware.store/Sit es-TBLGB-Site/default/Link-Product?pid=PS_wnsmthly &color=242&cgid=undefined in dark brown but am worried i don't go treking with a husky thru snow enough to warrant them.

PenguinNZ Mon 29-Nov-10 04:46:48

Timberlands def come up about half a size big, I think they assume you will be wearing thick socks with them.

messylittlemonkey Mon 29-Nov-10 10:16:27

Ah, didn't realise the fleece was only around the top! Thanks, Libra

treehuggermother Tue 30-Nov-10 13:18:16

These boots arrived today and they fit - just. BUT - I am 5 weeks postnatal so my usually wide feet are even wider than usual - I think they will be great when I have lost a bit of weight. I would currently be unable to wear them with thick socks!

There are 3 inches of fleece at the top, so whilst not fully lined still cosy at the top at least.

Width-wise I think you would be fine with these. I can't say much about the length as I take a larger size to accomodate width (lengthwise am probably around 40). They are great boots though so if you want to know anything else just ask.

messylittlemonkey Tue 30-Nov-10 13:23:03

Thanks, Treehuggermum

Relly glad they fit. Hope you enjoy wearing them. Three inches of fleece is acceptable I think.

Congratulations on the new arrival too.

treehuggermother Tue 30-Nov-10 14:12:14

Thanks! Good luck on your boot quest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now