Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Perfume for Spring Wedding

(19 Posts)
eleda Fri 26-Nov-10 12:14:49

So I'm getting married end of April - the day after WIlls and Kate in fact, bring on the BH!!

Someone said it's really nice to find a new perfume for your wedding day so that when you and DH smell if from then on, it will rimind you of your big day!

My signature scent would be Eternity (an oldy but a goodie) and I love Issy Miyake (sp?) but have never bought it.

Any one got any suggestions - not too evening ish (wedding at 1pm) and one that will last all day!

eleda Fri 26-Nov-10 12:15:42

hmm read remind, not rimind!!

Rannaldini Fri 26-Nov-10 12:16:15

loads of people use beautiful for their wedding day
personally i wore my normal perfume

otchayaniye Fri 26-Nov-10 12:36:24

L'Artisan Fleur D'Oranger

Rose de Rosine

Guerlain L'Heure Bleue

Caron Vol de Nuit

Sa Majeste de la Rose - Lutens

otchayaniye Fri 26-Nov-10 12:36:34

L'Artisan Fleur D'Oranger

Rose de Rosine

Guerlain L'Heure Bleue

Caron Vol de Nuit

Sa Majeste de la Rose - Lutens

PommePoire Fri 26-Nov-10 12:42:12

Go to a Jo Malone store or concession and ask their advice. Jo Malone's fragrances are so simple but there is a huge choice, sexy, floral, romantic, spicy, fresh, woody. Lots of single note perfumes based around one star ingredient. I wore Vintage Gardenia on our wedding day as my 'something new'. * years later, one whiff of it takes me back to kissing my new husband standing in the porch of the church. Good luck finding your dream fragrance.

PommePoire Fri 26-Nov-10 12:42:47

*8 years! I couldn't remember if it was 7 or 8!

eleda Fri 26-Nov-10 12:54:34

Ahh Pomme!! I've heard Jo Malone's don't last very well....you found it does?

@ Otcha - haven't heard of half of them! Will my local Debenhams do them or am I going to need a trip to The Smoke!?!

missmartha Fri 26-Nov-10 12:58:57

Most things Guerlain but yes L'Heure Bleue is lovely.

Spring Flower by Creed is a beautiful floral. Very simple and elegant.

Twas designed for Audrey Hrpburn and is sooo her.

ArfurSleep Fri 26-Nov-10 13:02:22

make sure it's an eau de parfum not eau de toilette

the latter has no staying power

go to a big dept store and have a big tester session

CaveMum Fri 26-Nov-10 16:32:01

I did this for my wedding 2 years ago. In the end I went for Very Irresistible by Givenchy.

Make sure you buy the scented body lotion to match whatever you go with (if they make it), so that you can "layer" the scent.

sandytoes79 Fri 26-Nov-10 16:39:52

Vera Wang did a perfume that I smelt once that was lovely that I think they kinda geared towards people getting married or something (so the lady told me- I wasn't getting married though). It's Vera Wang by Vera Wang, very nice!

PommePoire Sun 28-Nov-10 17:57:21

eleda - I've never heard that about Jo Malone scents and my personal experience is that Vintage Gardenia and my other favourites of hers (French Lime Blossom, a green, fresh citrusy scent and Black Vetvyer Cafe, a warm, rich, evening scent) last fine on my skin. I would expect to have to re-apply in the evening. I don't know if it's true, but I think that any scent lasts tiny bit longer on those with fair/red hair and/or pale skin, or at least, those with dry skin. A trick is to spray some on half a cotton wool ball and tuck it into your bra, as well as dabbing some on your pulse points!

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sun 28-Nov-10 18:12:05

I did that for my wedding, 10 years agoshock. It was in December so went for Chanel Allure, DH doesn't get it but whenever I wear it now I have lovely memories of our wonderful weddingsmile

Definitely eau de parfum.

HollyBollyBooBoo Sun 28-Nov-10 22:10:46

Chanel Chance au fraiche is a lovely, light, floral and a bit more spring/summery.

pissedrightoff Sun 28-Nov-10 23:06:50

Amazing Grace by Philosophy, gorgeous, perfect for a wedding.

eleda Sat 04-Dec-10 16:55:00

Thanks ladies.... off to Cribbs Causeway tomorrow for a big smell session!

Prinnie Sat 04-Dec-10 17:05:15

Definitely go for EDP - I think Calvin Klien Euphoria Blossom is a perfect wedding fragrance

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 04-Dec-10 17:22:42

Prada Infusion D'Iris is gorgeous.
As are the Diptyque ones.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: