Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of my new dress?

(18 Posts)
trianera Thu 25-Nov-10 21:52:05

here

I'm feeling a bit guilty splashing out so much on myself before Christmas but I do love it and it was a bargain.

So do I keep it or not?

muddleduck Thu 25-Nov-10 21:56:23

V nice.

FerminaUrbinoDaza Thu 25-Nov-10 21:58:12

It's very nice but might look rather 'maternal' if you're not stick thin.

kaiserfootmuff Thu 25-Nov-10 21:58:58

bit are you being served

tulpe Thu 25-Nov-10 22:07:17

model looks like she has either twisted her ankle or desperately needs a wee

Not sure about the dress tbh, even at reduced price.

Hassled Thu 25-Nov-10 22:08:45

Oh that's lovely. But yes, you'd need to be thin. It doesn't look forgiving.

ricketyrock Thu 25-Nov-10 22:14:31

its lovely. a bit different and a bargain. It's got a real silk lining which is a bonus as the cheap/high street use acetate which is a bit sweaty

trianera Thu 25-Nov-10 22:28:27

Thanks for the opinions so far. I'm not stick thin (size twelve) and I'm hoping it won't be so short on me (I'm 5ft4).

Think I'll sleep on it as can always cancel in the morning.

needtogetalife Thu 25-Nov-10 22:34:37

can you not wait for it try it and return if your not happy? sometimes things need to be tried on for a true image

trianera Thu 25-Nov-10 23:01:32

Problem is I'm in Spain. It's being delivererd to my parents' where I'll be at Christmas but by then it might be too late to return it (depending on the dispatch date)!

whoneedssleepanyway Fri 26-Nov-10 07:39:10

It is a bit risky then to spend that much on something you can't try...although they do often extend return dates over Christmas.

I can't decide on it, sometimes I think I get a bit swayed if I think something is a bargain, think I would need to see it on.

FerminaUrbinoDaza Fri 26-Nov-10 09:32:38

It sounds like your nice and slim, but TBH you probably need to be stick like to get away with it without a serious risk of looking matronly. I think it's probably be quite a bit longer on you than the model, maybe even on the knee...

I'd give it a miss if I were you.

brimfull Fri 26-Nov-10 09:37:16

Nice on tall leggy thin type, at 5'4 I think you're too short to pull this one off.

RamblingRosa Fri 26-Nov-10 09:40:06

I like it. Brand Alley take ages to deliver so it may well still be within returns period when you come over for xmas (assuming it's arrived by then!) so you could send it back if you change your mind. I'm not sure that you can cancel orders with Brand Alley.

LaurieFairyonthetreeEatsCake Fri 26-Nov-10 09:40:10

I don't think you're too short and it would lovely with some shoe boots.

Very nice dress and I hope it's good quality.

muddleduck Fri 26-Nov-10 09:48:30

Agree that BA delivery is v v v slow.

Minione Fri 26-Nov-10 11:08:24

I think its lovely, with the right shoes I don't think you're too short. I'm an inch taller than you and also a size 12 and its the kind of thing I'd go for (if i could afford it!). I don't think I'd look matronly at all - although I guess it depends what your proportions are like.

trianera Fri 26-Nov-10 15:43:19

I'm still umming and ahhing(?).

You can cancel orders with BA Rambling, until they're dispatched.

I was thinking shoe boots too Laurie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now