Talk

Advanced search

cosmetic surgery

(18 Posts)
biryani Thu 25-Nov-10 18:32:31

Anyone out there had it? If so, what and why?

Am dying to try some, but don't know where to start....

londontipton Thu 25-Nov-10 18:41:42

Please don't do it.....just had a rhinoplasty (nose job) this year and I hate it and regret it totally sad

biryani Thu 25-Nov-10 18:44:59

Why did you have it (if you don't mind my asking)? Why do you hate it?

FerminaUrbinoDaza Thu 25-Nov-10 18:45:12

If I had the cash I might consider it if on one area of my body that I find very upsetting (for good reason) but I think I'd probably give it a miss in the end. I'd certainly want counseling / therapy first.

"Am dying to try some, but don't know where to start" rings 1001 alarm bells with me. Get thee to a shrink wink

biryani Thu 25-Nov-10 18:52:22

Perhaps I need that shrink after all!!

tulpe Thu 25-Nov-10 18:53:32

biryani - is there something specific that you want doing? That's a pretty strange statement by anyone's standards.

FerminaUrbinoDaza Thu 25-Nov-10 18:59:01

Everyone needs to see a shrink, on one level or another. Seriously, if you've got cash to spare that's a great thing to do, much better option in the long run than 'trying surgary' even if you haven't got 'history' of earth shattering issues.

londontipton Thu 25-Nov-10 18:59:09

Biryani, I always wanted my nose done, for years and years. I finally reached a stage in my life where I had the money and time to do it and the moment I looked in the mirror afterwards, I knew I had made a terrible mistake.

I went to a great surgeon who, technically, has done a great job but you know what? I don't look like me anymore, I have stripped a lot of the personality from my face even if I am, by some standards, more aesthetically pleasing than I was before. Please, please proceed with caution and really analyse what you are hoping for.

biryani Thu 25-Nov-10 18:59:20

I've always looked much younger than I am, but now I've hit the menopause and starting to look jowly. My skin's fine as I've always looked after it and I'm generally fit and healthy (and extremely vain, I might add!!) I hang around with people who are generally ten years younger than myself, and don't want to be classed as mother hen! Sorry if that's a bit flip, but I like to make the most of myself.

FerminaUrbinoDaza Thu 25-Nov-10 18:59:43

...'history' or earth shattering 'issues'...

FerminaUrbinoDaza Thu 25-Nov-10 19:01:20

This method apparently works wonders on jowls and turkey neck.

CarGirl Thu 25-Nov-10 19:09:00

I would like a partial tummy tuck as I have a huge amount of "twin skin" that no amount of exercise or dieting will ever go. It repulses me tbh. Also my waist is my largest bit of my shape so getting clothes to fit will is difficult and I get that overhang <<vomit>>

tulpe Thu 25-Nov-10 19:11:44

biryani - if you are certain as you can be that you have an excellent surgeon to work with and you can afford it then I don't see why you shouldn't.

I had a tummy tuck back in June this year - after 10 years of crepey saggy skin on my stomach. I too am vain and despite still wearing a bikini on hols during that time, I wanted to actually look good in that bikini

I don't regret it. I love my new tum and would happily recommend the surgeon too.

However, I agree with other posters who have talked about the issues with facial surgery. I think it really is an area to think through very carefully.

CarGirl Thu 25-Nov-10 19:12:40

tulpe could you message me with the details and how much it cost you........

dearprudence Thu 25-Nov-10 19:12:51

Not had it, but definitely have interest. The main thing that stops me is DH's disapproval and the need to have time off work.
I know exactly where I'd start.

tulpe Thu 25-Nov-10 19:13:18

Cargirl - my waist was much too thick for the rest of my general size too, if that makes sense. I had massive muscle separation which no amount of exercise would bring together. However, if you have the same you will need a full tuck rather than partial because they have to stitch the abs back together.

CarGirl Thu 25-Nov-10 19:15:53

No I dont think I have muscle seperation it's just lots of wrinkly skin.........I have no hips and no boobs and no waist.....

mamatomany Thu 25-Nov-10 19:22:47

I've had an uplift and implants and am delighted but it's not a one off op, it'll need redoing every ten years which is
Nothing else i would consider at all, that was the only area that diet and exercise was never going to improve no matter what.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now