Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Come vote for a Christmas party dress...

(11 Posts)
OooohWhatIfItHurts Thu 25-Nov-10 18:13:33

...for my work Christmas party and possibly also a glammed up Christmas day.

Sequintastic

A bit old I wonder?

I could wear this lots but how do I dress it up for a party?

Not quite dressy enough but could be very versatile?

Love the shape of this but unsure about material/colour

Spenny but is it worth investing in a classic?

Why did Kate have to get there first?

Lovely but hopelessly out of my price range

Other suggestions welcome!

Can you see how decisive I am? grin

I'm 33, 5ft 2, hourglass size 10 but with 32F boobs, decent legs and a mum-tum (but Spanx will be deployed). Olive-y skin with mid-brown hair in a bob. I don't really know much about colour except that navy suits me much better than black.

BelleDeChocChipCookieMonster Thu 25-Nov-10 18:15:09

This one! I love it (I have one)

Tikiinasantahat Thu 25-Nov-10 18:16:33

I like the second one I think it is very Breakfast at Tiffany's not old at all.

Tikiinasantahat Thu 25-Nov-10 18:18:00

Belles one is better though, you couldn't fail to look stunning and sophisticated in that.

dracschick Thu 25-Nov-10 18:21:13

THE RED ONE grin.....its fab has xmas and party written all over it_ its fab!!!!!

OooohWhatIfItHurts Thu 25-Nov-10 18:22:07

Off commuting now, shall check the votes in an hour!

mrsbigw Thu 25-Nov-10 18:23:17

I think the Moschino would look amazing, I find D&G dresses just don't have the room up top and I am not as generously endowed as you.

The Tibi one is stunning too & I think if it was me I would get more wear out of that one.

The Matthew Williamson one is lovely though.

maxpower Thu 25-Nov-10 18:26:13

my faves are the layla and issa ones

dottyaboutstripes Thu 25-Nov-10 18:29:19

The Anglomania one. I really want it myself, so after you've worn it, you could donate?? To me of course wink

BelleDeChocChipCookieMonster Thu 25-Nov-10 18:39:23

I vote for mine. It really does look so much better on. If I was brave enough I'd stick mine on, take a picture and put it on my profile so you could see for yourself.

Matsikula Thu 25-Nov-10 20:02:44

I like them all. Personally I would go for the sequinny one, the red one or the Project D one (which I think you would wear for ages, and it's a bit shorter than the Dolce and Gabanna one so might work better on your height).

I'd glam the red one up with perhaps some chandelier earrings and metallic shoes.

I think you'd have the most fun in the Tibi one though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: