Talk

Advanced search

How do I reduce the look of massive open pores on my forehead?

(6 Posts)
ChickensHaveNoMercyForTurkeys Thu 25-Nov-10 11:24:03

Because I currently look like someone has been using me for darts practice. Very alarming.

harassedinherTINSELpants Thu 25-Nov-10 12:44:35

Oil Cleansing Method!! I've been using this for a while and it's the best thing I've done. I used olive oil or grapeseed oil with Castor oil (this is the cleansing part!). It has really reduced the size of my pores and doesn't dry my skin out.

Have a look at this and also at this huge but very informative thread.

Grow a fringe? <runs away fast>

ChickensHaveNoMercyForTurkeys Thu 25-Nov-10 13:19:36

If I grew a fringe Professor I'd resemble Velma from 'Scooby Doo'. Maybe I just need polyfilla.

aquavit Thu 25-Nov-10 13:56:37

agree about OCM, or perhaps using a facial oil as a night time moisturiser.

But as a cover-up, try a silicone-based primer underneath your base: I like Estee Lauder Idealist (? or perhaps Perfectionist - I can't remember which is the primer), Clinique pore perfector, and Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel (think that is limited edition though), not so fond of the Clarins in the little red tub but other people like it.

Basically it acts like polyfilla and makes everything smooth (as well as hiding redness etc). Put foundation or tinted moisturiser on top but be careful applying it as some combinations of base + primer 'pill' into little balls

starsareshining Thu 25-Nov-10 15:24:38

I love clinique pore minimising instant perfector. I have awful open pores, acne scars etc, and this covers them so nicely. My skin just looks polished. It sort of glosses over all of the bad things and leaves my skin looking and feeling really smooth too. In fact, I feel as though I'm always talking about it because I think it's so great and I think everybody should try it. It doesn't exactly close your pores (I'm not sure that a cream could really do that), but it certainly makes them less noticable and kind of hides them away. Here are hundreds of reviews, mostly agreeing that it's great. Not too expensive either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now