Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Cheap top beauty buys?

(7 Posts)
knomedeplum Wed 24-Nov-10 22:10:18

What are the best cheap beauty products you would recommend? I keep seeing people suggest moisturisers and things that are just as good as the expensive ones - thought it might be good to have list of the really good ones.

I love botanics repair mask. It's fab (although I've never really bought any expensive products)

PastaDiva Thu 25-Nov-10 00:50:05

Olay daily facials cloths are good, although one of their ordinary facial cleansers with a flannel would do the same job and be a bit cheaper!

otchayaniye Thu 25-Nov-10 08:03:14

castor oil and almond oil to cleanse

Palmers cocoa butter (solid one)

I do curly girl hair method and use 99p Inecto coconut conditioner (no cones or parabens)

Avon anew eye cream with the two pots

Max Factor make up (particularly their mascaras and new foundation Xperience)

My top make up artist friend swears by Olay Regenerist. She uses Natura Bisse which is $$$$$$

I like Embryolisse cream (about a tenner from chemists in France)

otchayaniye Thu 25-Nov-10 08:03:47

rosehip oil for nighttime - bout 12-16 quid from healthfood shops

JaxTellersOldLady Thu 25-Nov-10 08:08:21

I second Olay REgenerist, it's my absolute favourite and believe me I have tried many many expensive brands and keep coming back to my 20 odd quid Olay.

Palmers cocoa butter is the best cheap moisturiser for skin around.

cybbo Thu 25-Nov-10 08:09:16

Tesco's Liz Earle rip off organic hot cloth cleanser

40deniertights Thu 25-Nov-10 09:17:11

Sort of already mentioned, but cheap facecloths are genius for exfoliating skin.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: