Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Find me an exfoliator please!

(14 Posts)
KenDoddsDadsDog Wed 24-Nov-10 20:06:41

I used to used a lovely Philosophy Greatest Love facial scrub that has now been discontinued. It was large granules in a kind of Vaseline type jelly. So not only did it scrub, it conditioned and made my skin dewy.
Have tried loads to get the same effect, but haven't chanced upon a good substitute yet...
Can any of you help me in my quest ?!

carciofi Thu 25-Nov-10 12:07:19

I used this Aveda cleanser/exfoliator.

CheeseCheese Thu 25-Nov-10 12:07:53

the lancome pink one is good
oyu need very SMALl granules imo

Butterbur Thu 25-Nov-10 14:58:11

I like the Clinique one. It exfoliates without being scratchy.

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 25-Nov-10 19:45:11

Thanks all with check them out. Haven't tried any of them yet.

SleepWhenImDead Thu 25-Nov-10 19:46:03

I like the No 7 one.

HollyBollyBooBoo Thu 25-Nov-10 22:01:40

Dermalogica do a great range, I use the everyday one which is ground rice as the exfoliant, sounds like it would do nothing but it is truly amazing and skin feels so soft.

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 26-Nov-10 06:20:56

Didn't think about Dermalogica, used to use active moist etc. What's it called?

fustyarse Fri 26-Nov-10 07:36:44

Philosophy

this stuff is fab - really leaves my skin softer and smoother. Lasts ages too. Love love love Philosophy, their skincare range is amazing. Haven't ever found anything to compare, really. And I've tried a LOT of products.....

<cosmetic junkie>

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 26-Nov-10 08:29:25

That's the scrub I used to have! But they have discontinued it. Have you tried any of the others?

HollyBollyBooBoo Fri 26-Nov-10 21:37:23

I use the Dermalogica Microfoliant, but they do a few of them, if you go online and use the virtual analyzer (sp?) they will tell you which one is best for you!

fustyarse Sun 05-Dec-10 16:26:51

are you sure it's being discontinued? I'll need to stock up, I can't cope with that!

Found lots on ebay

here's one for starters

LadyViper Sun 05-Dec-10 16:27:45

I like the St Ives apricot scrub

ManicMother7777 Sun 05-Dec-10 16:31:26

Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser
With Orange Extracts

Gorgeous.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: