Talk

Advanced search

What's missing from my capsule wardrobe?

(7 Posts)
DontMentionChorizo Wed 24-Nov-10 10:42:47

Hi

Style mavens, I am putting together a capsule wardrobe and would appreciate your helpsmile.

This is the brief: I am in Spain and will be here until end of Dec, then relocating to hot country in Jan.

I don't want to spend loads on winter stuff, and I think the bits I already have will see me through. This is my outerwear:

- Fitted black coat
- Black cape from ZARA
- Beige mac from GAP
- Dark grey puffa jacket
- Dark purple wool peacoat
- Knee high black boots from ZARA (flat, sort of riding boot).
- Knee high chocolate brown boots (high heeled from Topshop.
- 1 pair of Converse high tops in dark grey.
- 1 pair of flat, ankle boots (black)

THIS IS WHAT I PLAN TO BUY:

- 1 pair of white skinny jeans (I know some people hate them but I looove them)
- 1 pair of dark blue skinny jeans
- 1 fitted white shirt
- 1 breton top
- 1 above the knee denim skirt
- 1 sleeveless, above the knee, floaty dress for day.
- 1 LBD for evenings
- 2 pairs of thick, black good quality leggins.
- 2 colourful scarves
- 2 chunky cocktail rings
- 1 huge black handbag, 1 grey handbag
- 1 pair of big sunglasses.

I have other bits and bobs and some summer stuff as well as more shoes, so i think that's OK.

So far so good, my problem is tops, I just never seem to buy good tops. At the moment I am surviving on 3 V- necks in dark green, bright pink and one black. I always end up buying tops that are too big for me confused, don't wash well, or fit terribly. I don't want to buy more black, and they can't be too hot (maybe something I can layer?) as they will be no use after december. So please give me some tips on tops to get.

A bit more info about myself: age 37, 5 foot 1, just under 8 st, no DCs (yet)long brown hair cut in layers, good skin, dark caramel complexion. Stuff I don't like: tunics, treggins, jeggins and their ilk,sparkly tops, chunky knitwear, flowery print, anything brown...

I know my choices are not very adventurous, so please feel free to suggest other stuff, also bear in mind I can't shop online and can only buy from: Zara, Mango H&M, Bershka, Stradivarius, Pull and Bear,(think that's it).

TIA and apologies for long post.

DontMentionChorizo Wed 24-Nov-10 10:55:39

Shameless bump!

trianera Wed 24-Nov-10 11:12:37

Do you have a Lefties near you? They've got some nice boat neck, three quarter length sleeve fitted t-shirts in lots of different colours for a fiver each. They seem to wash ok and you could throw a long line cardigan over them too when it's colder, which would look good with the skinny jeans. Mango have some nice non chunky cardis.

DontMentionChorizo Wed 24-Nov-10 11:27:37

Hola Trianera ( you in Seville, by any chancewink?)

Don't know where Lefties is near me, but will have a look. Those T's sound good. I do like Mango, they have some nice accessories too.

Thanks for the suggestions.

smile

Rannaldini Wed 24-Nov-10 11:36:29

a capsule

trianera Wed 24-Nov-10 11:44:23

I am indeed smile.

here's a list of where there are Lefties, although there are definitely some missing as two of the ones in Seville aren't there.

I wish I was disciplined enough for a capsule wardrobe - mine is bursting!

DontMentionChorizo Wed 24-Nov-10 12:18:04

Thanks Trianera, that's very kind of you.

I am not exactly disciplined. We have to move countries and can't afford to buy stuff I won't be using (limited room and little money).

Thanks again.
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now