Talk

Advanced search

Warm & waterproof winter boots for kids.

(8 Posts)
hoppybird Tue 23-Nov-10 14:36:15

Rather than get wellies + socks, I thought I'd get my 10 year old DS a pair of these for the winter as we always walk to school. He wants them in black and they don't have his size, and in the past, I have found that waiting for new stock from Land's End takes forever.

So, do any of you ladies know of an alternatives to these? Preferably black, not too expensive though - thought £35 was pretty much the max anyway. Had also thought that walking boots could be the way forward, if anyone knows of any which don't cost too much ££.

Would also love recommendation for something more girly as well for my 4 yr old dd who takes a size 8.5 (the Land's End ones like that start at size 10).

TIA

silverfrog Tue 23-Nov-10 14:39:01

dd1 has some great ones from ecco this year.

a high-ish ankle boot. very warm, waterproof - pretty indestructible really.

last year I got her some fab ones form muddy puddles - they were wellies, but were fur-lined. they kept her feet toasty warm.

dd2 has had boots form muddy puddles too - their toddler snow boots are good.

last year she had Sorel boots, but couldn't find any this year small enuogh (she is a 6.5 I think. dd1 is size 12)

hoppybird Tue 23-Nov-10 14:42:11

Ah yes! Muddy Puddles! Thanks, silverfrog. Will have a look there.

insertexpletive Tue 23-Nov-10 14:45:41

I have just got these for my dc from Tresspass, really good value.

tulpe Tue 23-Nov-10 14:46:43

Second vite for Muddy Puddles. We buy their winter boots for our ski hols but last year/early this year they came in very handy here too. DCs were envy or regular welly wearing kids

tulpe Tue 23-Nov-10 14:47:19

vote, even blush

fel1x Tue 23-Nov-10 14:48:44

My boys have had these for the last couple of winters and they have been great

hoppybird Tue 23-Nov-10 16:47:35

Thanks for those recommendations - I'll see what the DCs think now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now