Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Please help me find some smart shoes that will keep me on my feet during the winter.

(5 Posts)
ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 22-Nov-10 21:10:15

I am prone to falling over my own two feet at the slightest movement. When its winter; I'm a bit like Bambi. Last year I fell over and hit my head on the pavement.
This year, I would like to not fall over. I'm also pregnant, so I think I may be clumsier on my feet.
I spent last year trekking around in trainers and carrying my shoes so I could change into them at work. This year I ideally would like to have a pair of shoes that will keep me upright on the snow/ice, but will also look okay at work. Kinda like stylish artic boots grin
Any ideas where from? Has anybody seen anything?

JaxTellersOldLady Mon 22-Nov-10 21:13:03

When it is snowy/icy I wear my lugg sole sheepskin boots from Bearpaw. They keep me warm, have a good grip and then change into 'proper' shoes when I get to where I am going if it is a work thing.

Who wants to tramp around in shoes in slushy slippery weather?

Or get yourself a lovely pair of smart boots with a good grippy sole for work, it really depends on what is acceptable where you work though.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 22-Nov-10 21:57:52

Boots are acceptable, preferably black.

JaxTellersOldLady Tue 23-Nov-10 11:38:09

how about something like this, but maybe slightly longer?

these

JaxTellersOldLady Tue 23-Nov-10 11:40:52

or
these

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: