Talk

Advanced search

Red dress and leopard-skin shoes - too 'sluttish'

(9 Posts)
ceebeegeebies Mon 22-Nov-10 21:00:09

Am going shoe shopping tomorrow for shoes to go with the (shortish) red dress I have bought for Christmas parties.

Did pop into New Look today and they had some lovely leopard-skin court shoes which I would be more likely to wear again than aparkly-type ones.

Yay or nay - and if so, what colour jewellery/handbag??

gemmummy Mon 22-Nov-10 21:01:57

hmmm, links please?

ceebeegeebies Mon 22-Nov-10 21:07:05

dress and shoes

gemmummy Mon 22-Nov-10 21:14:45

i think those shoes will be fine, don't think that dress is sluttish at all, in fact the heels will give it a bit of sex appeal without being cheap. Is the colour on the picture true, it looks more purple to me? I would suggest nice black clutch, there is some really funky ones around.

HollyBollyBooBoo Mon 22-Nov-10 21:15:43

Gorgeous combo and not at all sluttish. Dress is a great choice.

Just don't do the matching leopard skin handbag a la Coleen Rooney - looked so trashy! Maybe black handbag, not too sure about jewellery, black again?

willybreeder Mon 22-Nov-10 21:18:54

Or gold and/or silver bag but only if they are vintage style and look worn in and not at all shiny. Got a great one from Accessorize last year and use it lots.

ceebeegeebies Mon 22-Nov-10 21:19:14

Thanks ladies - the dress is incredibly flattering (after 2 c-sections, my tummy is not the best wink) and Gemmummy the dress is actually red (that picture is not accurate but if you click on Home at the top of the Next website, it is there on the front page and you can see it is red)

Right, will buy them tomorrow as they are only £20 aswell so well within my budget and then have a browse round Accessorize for other stuff (*Holly* ta for the tip about not matching handbags as I do have a habit of matching all my accessories blush)

gemmummy Mon 22-Nov-10 21:22:35

yep, i agree with holly, go for a black clutch, or gold/silver but not leopard print. some lovely stuff around for xmas costume jewellry wise! Have a great party!

LetThemEatCake Mon 22-Nov-10 21:36:24

red + leopard = fabulous in my limited book. Enjoy!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now