Talk

Advanced search

Animal print scarf ?

(20 Posts)
polyhymnia Mon 22-Nov-10 10:18:58

Wonder if you fashionistas can help. I'm looking for an animal print scarf (not very original, but still...).

Already have a wool-type shortish grey leopard print from Hobbs, with purple ends, but fancy something a bit longer, in 'floaty' transparent type material - ie, silk chiffon or, preferably, a cheaper version of it. Not very wide but long. Would consider grey/black or tawny/ brown leopard print. Probably not zebra this time.

Ideas appreciated!

sexy2shoes Mon 22-Nov-10 11:29:11

Doesn't appear to much in the way of chiffon type scarves now that winter is on the way! Found these though see link 1, link 2

sexy2shoes Mon 22-Nov-10 11:37:44

Sorry, try these links (previous links didn't work)

link 1, link 2 + link 3

whoneedssleepanyway Mon 22-Nov-10 12:18:08

nice ones in whistles

polyhymnia Mon 22-Nov-10 16:39:34

Thanks both of you. Accessorize one looks worth checking on in shop. Love some of the Whistles ones - not as leopardy as I was originally thinking but will definitely go into my local Whistles (nearby luckily) and check them out. Saw a lovely Mulberry one (smallish, brown leopard print) on their site but it's £150 alas.

www.liberty.co.uk/fcp/product/Liberty/Scarves/Anim al-Print-Scarf,-Bindya/56094

www.liberty.co.uk/fcp/product/Liberty/Scarves/Blac k-Animal-Mix-Print-Cashmere-Scarf,-Me-&-Kashmiere/ 54761

the one i want but not strictly your criteria!

www.shopstyle.co.uk/browse?fts=leopard+print+scarf

EldonAve Mon 22-Nov-10 17:14:05

Have you tried Zara?

hatcam Mon 22-Nov-10 18:11:31

www.lilyandlionel.com/item.php?id=580&stylenumber= SC9878

Or any of the scarves they've got on the same site! They're all lovely.

Oh yes Lily and lionel are lovely and if you ask on the avid thread they usually have a code.

polyhymnia Mon 22-Nov-10 22:46:09

Many thanks for these - some very tempting things here. And I hadn't even used shopstyle, or even heard of Lily and Lionel, so some excellent discoveries.

SGertie Mon 22-Nov-10 22:53:44

Sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know where I can get a winter scarf in zebra print? Love the Lionel and lily one but it's a bit more than I wanted to spend (unless cashmere). The only other one I've found was in M&S but I didn't like it

VerityBrulee Tue 23-Nov-10 21:57:16

Lionel and Lily 15% off code for you,valid until 24th Nov:

yrasrevinna!10.

smile

Bishoplyn Tue 23-Nov-10 22:07:50

Hi! Can't find it on their website but I got something similar to what you're looking for in Mexx a few months ago.

SGertie Tue 23-Nov-10 22:32:51

Thanks Verity smile
Off to look at Mexx too

polyhymnia Tue 23-Nov-10 22:50:42

VerityBrulee

Thanks so much for code! Like the name, btw.

polyhymnia Thu 25-Nov-10 12:11:13

Just to say thanks again to everyone who recommended Lily and Lionel and to Verity for the code.

Ordered two to choose - the Cheetah and the blue leopard. They've arrived and both are lovely, and look great with my grey coat. And the fabric is perfect - wool but so light and non-itchy. Only trouble is, don't want to send either of them back now!

hellsbelles Thu 25-Nov-10 13:52:08

sgertie - I have this warehouse one which also comes in a brownish tone. It's really really lovely and looks much more expensive than it is. A few of the other S&B ladies have it and love it too.

I think there is a 20% warehouse code around somewhere as well.

hellsbelles Fri 26-Nov-10 11:52:57

Just got an email today - apparently this works till midnight for 20% off -

Enter TREATNL at the checkout

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now