Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Bravissamo - How do they do it

(3 Posts)
coffeekaren Sun 21-Nov-10 10:32:05

Well had the shock of my life yesterday. Went into Bravissamo - size 36DD - and after a very nice women purely looked at me in bra came back with a 30FF shock which fitted a dream. Came out feeling a new woman - bought frea bra and shorts i think called and felt fab. Have lost 3 stone this year and when ds said this week why are your boobies so long had to take action. Now a size 10 and loving shopping (also bought really sweet desigule dress)

No measuring tapes involved it appeared they just work on instinct.

TiraMissYou Sun 21-Nov-10 13:04:21

I had the same in Elle MacPherson shop - went from D to E cup in the blink of the sales womans eye. How could I not know? Im 39 FGS!
Good for you on new looks. Nothing like the objective observations of a DS or two to make you rethink your underwear collection!

mippy Sun 21-Nov-10 13:22:55

I got fitted at Marks and Spencer earlier this year, as I'd been wearing the same size for a while. They didn't do my cupsize (FF) and told me to wear a G - when they didn't have my backsize (36) in stock the assistant suggested I got a 40 instead. Debenhams, on the other hand, had someone who knew what they were looking for and helped me pick a bra that was just right to replace all the M&S bras that ended up not supporting me at all.

I got measured for the first time ever at 19, after years of following my mother's idea of just picking the bra you think you are and wearing that. I went from a 36C to a 34E. No wonder my bras didn't fit!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: