Talk

Advanced search

Right, so I'm going to sit down tonight and buy something fab online for me for Christmas, suggestions please!

(14 Posts)
SerendipityAlways Sat 20-Nov-10 17:07:55

After a couple of frustrating hours in my local town looking for "something nice to wear for Christmas" I've come home empty handed and exhausted. So after X factor its me and the lap top and my credit card for hopefully some successful shopping.

I'm not looing for a LBD, or anything too shimmery, but an outfit (preferaby a dress) that you could wear on Christmas eve/Day,a bit glam, not too short and preferably not sleeveless, as I do feel the cold!

So, Ladies please give me your best online shopping tips, websites where you always turn to in moments of desperation where you know you'll find what you're looking for!

LaurieScaryCake Sat 20-Nov-10 17:17:16

I love Phase Eight for dresses smile

simple day dress

there's loads more dressier ones though

Berk Sat 20-Nov-10 17:22:48

http://www.getcutie.co.uk/home/index.html

the short cap sleeve dress is to die for. Order a size up, original dress patterns are used.

JaniceSoprano Sat 20-Nov-10 17:23:39

Lol. Glittery knitwear?

Berk Sat 20-Nov-10 17:24:33

oops www.getcutie.co.uk/home/index.html

Clure Sat 20-Nov-10 19:07:41

this has had good reviews from some ladies on another thread-tis gorgeous
this from oasis
velvet?
this is divine but has shorter sleeves

SerendipityAlways Sat 20-Nov-10 19:36:00

Thanks so far.
Clure - Some lovely suggestions, I am going to trawl through the Oasis site now. You've picked the type of dresses I love! Love the French Connection dress but a bit £££ unfortunately.

LauraScary - Cheers also for Phase Eight recommendations!
Keep them coming!

Meggles76 Sat 20-Nov-10 22:06:23

Check out Kew - £20 off dresses at the moment

SerendipityAlways Sat 20-Nov-10 22:49:14

Thanks Meggles! Still searching here...

higgle Sun 21-Nov-10 00:11:17

this is minestrangely it looks nicer on me! anyway it is warm and comfortable and the skirt is swishy.

cruelladepoppins Sun 21-Nov-10 19:47:21

I bought this one from Phase 8 yesterday in town. It comes in another colourway too and it took me ages to decide between them. It is VERY flattering on (I'm a 12) - the waist is beautifully structured.

I too feel the cold with sleevless dresses but this was sooooo fantastic I got a black half-sleeve bolero to go with - they also have them in bright colours which match the dresses but I preferred black. I thought this one would do me into spring and summer as well (alas I don't go out enough to justify more than one dressy dress!)

dottyaboutstripes Sun 21-Nov-10 20:25:36

top shop dress I tried on today was incredibly flattering and really gorgeous, the pic on the website doesn't do it justice

GeorginaWorsley Sun 21-Nov-10 20:32:15

I like the Phase Eight one,*cruella*.
I've bought this one,for Xmas day etc,

www.phase-eight.co.uk/fcp/product/warehouse/Dresse s/Jessie-Dress/201076732

SerendipityAlways Sun 21-Nov-10 23:29:38

Dotty - Really like that top shop dress, hadn't thought of looking there..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now