Talk

Advanced search

People Tree Goody bag

(5 Posts)
boogiewoogie Sat 20-Nov-10 16:03:46

Has anyone bought one recently? May I ask what is in it? Is it stuff from last summer or are the clothes winter worthy? I'm very tempted to make a purchase but worried that it won't be worth it.

justwaitaminute Sat 20-Nov-10 19:25:03

I bought one at the end of September, It had a summer tunic and a strange but quite nice summer skirt (that is I think its a skirt) + a winter skirt and 2 winter tops, so I would imagine that the ones that are on sale now would be winter stuff.

Blackduck Sat 20-Nov-10 19:30:53

I bought one in sept - all summer stuff really. Three tops, one dress, one skirt and a necklace..

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Sat 20-Nov-10 19:34:16

I got one and returned it, there was probably nothing in it I would have worn. Not sure what season the clothes were from but they weren't particularly warm.

I was hoping for some interesting things, I had seen comments from people who had got them before saying it had got them wearing clothes they would never have chosen but which looked great on! But sadly that didn't work for me...

Every single thing in it was made of a sort of plain-coloured cotton-jersey fabric, which didn't fit me especially well and showed every wobbly bit... there was: a mustard-yellow boob tube (eek!), some taupe-coloured harem pants, a red sort of weird polo-neck except the neck was actually button-up, a bizarre top with a humongous sort of cowl-neck thing (not sure if it was meant to go over your head like a hood or what!), and a purple wrap-dress which was the only thing I was even slightly tempted ever to wear. I think if it was pinned to fit just right and seen from the right angle (like dummies in shops), it could have looked good on me, but if I moved the wrong way it just showed all my bulgy bits or flashed too much boob, plus it wasn't the sort of thing I usually have an occasion to wear it to. I was a bit gutted and sent them all back for a refund in the end (lost the postage money though).

Blackduck Sat 20-Nov-10 19:37:24

I guess it is hit and miss.
I got a vest t-shirt, a normal t-shirt and an off the choulder number (that went to the charity shop), a wrap rouund cotton skirt with an ethnic print and a blue tunic dress...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now