Talk

Advanced search

Ugg Boots

(14 Posts)
ParaAndra Sat 20-Nov-10 10:48:31

I'm really liking ugg boots. Infact, I'm REALLY REALLY liking them. The price tag puts me off slightly, I never usually spend so much on shoes/boots but I'm getting tempted.

Are they worth it? will then be ruined by christmas?

tulpe Sat 20-Nov-10 10:50:35

DH bought me Bailey Button Uggs for christmas last year. I love them and have worn them so much they are worth every penny. If they are the real deal they will last and won't do that weird rolling inwards thing that fakes do.

Mine still look in pretty good shape too. Obviously not box fresh but not bad for chestnut coloured sheepskin boots which have traipsed through mud, snow and rain!

ParaAndra Sat 20-Nov-10 10:52:40

I've seen some for £70, knitted outer, sheepskin lining - I'm concerned that the knitted bit will fall apart!?

apple99 Sat 20-Nov-10 11:15:23

I would avoid the knitted ones, I have knitted Ugg slippers and although comfy they do look shoddy quickly.

Real Ugg boots will last, I have had my chestnut classics for 7 years and they are still in good shape.

ricketyrock Sat 20-Nov-10 11:38:07

I bought Uggs - but not the ubiquitous style, more a walking boot. I have been in a bog and a storm and they didn't leak - expensive but you get what you pay for.

roastedfox Sat 20-Nov-10 12:57:06

i'm getting some for xmas and i can't wait [saddo emotion] i have found some cheaper ones here if the style that your after www.mandmdirect.com/ProductList.aspx?Search=ugg

ParaAndra Sat 20-Nov-10 13:05:38

Roastedfox, I was looking through the mandm catalogue just before you posted that! lol, I do like some of the ones on there, the ones that really catch my eye are the knitted ones though which I know will age quick!

I think I'll treat myself to some for crimbo. You can't all be wrong grin

The3Bears Sat 20-Nov-10 13:21:27

I have had 5 pairs love them all.
Im getting the grey sheepskin ones for xmas cant wait

Ive had my knited ones for 2 years in feb and they still look brand new as they are easier to clean than sheepskin.

The sheepskin ones are much cosier and my faves they are worth it imo just make sure you get the care kit you get a spray to make them waterproof and the cleaner.

hobbittoes Sat 20-Nov-10 16:24:09

Do you actually shampoo yours T3B

The3Bears Sat 20-Nov-10 17:40:39

My knitted ones I put on a 30 degree quick wash with a couple of old towels and they come out looking brand new.

My sheepskin ones I use the ugg cleaner you use a tiny bit with cold water and a sponge so much harder to clean them as you cant rub them as the colour comes off.

I washed my first sheepskin pair in the washer after I knew they were buggered and the colour came off them, they were the chestnut ones, so i would never do it again.

hobbittoes Sat 20-Nov-10 18:23:09

Were they still wearable though, after machine washing - notwithstanding the fading?

The3Bears Tue 23-Nov-10 07:26:29

the sheepskin ones, they seemed much tighter and they lost there softness

Maryqueenofchocs Tue 23-Nov-10 17:53:23

I just bought john lewis version for £65 as a christmas gift, maybe try these before paying £200...

john lewis

Fimbo Tue 23-Nov-10 18:06:56

I have bought my dd these for Christmas. I got them in T K Maxx tho'. No idea what the "Bearpaw" brand is like unfortunately, so who knows if the heels will eventually start to fall over but I refuse to pay £135 for boots for a 12 yr old just because she is a ladies size 7!.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now