Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

heated rollers which ones please out to get some this morning

(4 Posts)
mothersmilk Sat 20-Nov-10 09:22:35

i have a long blonde bob and love messing up with some curls at the mo i use my ghd's but its a bit of a faf. so i thought maybe i'll treat myself to some heated rollers but am clueless as to which ones? my hair is strait and med thickness styles gennerally stay quite well with a bit of hairspray. can anyone recommend me some? im off to get them today as i have a 'do' tonight.
many thanks

sazm Sat 20-Nov-10 10:01:08

dont know about heated rollers,but i bought one of those hair wands.
its an ionika one and was £19.99 in tkmaxx, its fab,really quick and easy to use,theres a remington one and a babyliss one in argos which are rated pretty well too.

ricketyrock Sat 20-Nov-10 10:37:07

babyliss are quite good - boots about 30 quid. Also the boots own brand ones are pretty good. The thing about heated rollers is you need to work out which way to roll the hair and which size to use otherwise it ends up looking odd.And you might need to practise ( sorry to assume - you might be a pro already in which case ignore me) so maybe wont have time for tonight

Another thing - its always a bit of a faff doing it on yourself, no matter what you use. Sazm's idea is also good - those wands are very good. The babyliss one I know comes with a michael jackson like silver glove which protects from the heat and makes things a lot easier. Start at the bottom and clip the rest of your hair up. Release the rest of your hair layer by layer til you get to your ears. Then do each side by your ears in layers. leave your hair to cool down before you pull your fingers through it. HTH

ricketyrock Sat 20-Nov-10 10:45:50

rollers
or
wand

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: