Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Chanel handbags

(13 Posts)
maryjane71 Thu 18-Nov-10 22:45:57

How much are they and are there any websites where I can get a genuine one cheaper?! DD is 21 soon and has hinted she would love a designer classic.

CHOOGIRL Thu 18-Nov-10 22:56:12

A chanel 2.55 which will last forever will set you back about £1200

Does she particularly want a Chanel or just any designer bag?

maryjane71 Thu 18-Nov-10 23:07:02

How much?! Yes, she did mention Chanel. She certainly doesn't get her expensive tastes from me. If you can recommend any others I would be most grateful though

CHOOGIRL Thu 18-Nov-10 23:23:07

Do you have a budget? Mulberry, Tods, Prada, Hermes..the list is endless. What does your dd like? Does she want label or discrete?

maryjane71 Fri 19-Nov-10 21:09:33

Thanks for replying. I've told her 1200 quid is too expensive so she's going to have a think about it.

miche8 Fri 19-Nov-10 21:21:14

A chanel 2.55 would make you the best mum in the world forever.

blossoming Fri 19-Nov-10 21:27:21

I have a Chanel quiled bag, clutch size but with a long chain strap. Gorgeous. Paid £550 for it a few years ago.

ghoulsforgodot Fri 19-Nov-10 21:34:13

how about this?
I bought the tan Anya Hindmarch bag with the sold label on it-really recommend them. The woman was lovely.
www.archlabelagency.com/catalog/product_info.php?c Path=1&products_id=773

vanitypear Fri 19-Nov-10 21:53:12

I love my 2.55. Nothing else quite has that heirloom feel about it.

maryjane71 Sat 20-Nov-10 02:03:28

So the 2.55 is the one to have then. I am very tempted to treat her and love the notion of being the best mum in the world forever! However, DH is more practical and thinks paying over a grand for a bit of leather is a waste of money. He does have a point, the miserable sod.

Should I look online or trek to Manchester and suffer the snooty shop girls in Selfridges and Harvey Nicks?

miche8 Sat 20-Nov-10 09:13:22

i always tell dp things cost half what that really did, should he notice new items which he rarely does, and in 10yrs hes never checked the bank statements. How about a nice watch wouldnt be as much.....shortly after my 21st i bought a gucci watch and it made me very happy, i still wear it now and i'm 31.

I dont have a 2.55 and i feel thats the missing thing in my life.

maryjane71 Sat 20-Nov-10 17:46:58

The bag on the archlabel site is beautiful, I'll have a look on there later. She isn't really into watches but it is a lovely idea. I'll wait for the January sales I think.

MaryMungo Sat 20-Nov-10 18:23:04

I'm so in love with this bag. More than I'll ever get to spend on a bag though. Just thought I'd share grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: