Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

so nigella- has she had work done?

(20 Posts)
brimfull Thu 18-Nov-10 20:16:30

dh slobbering over her and amazed she looks so good for her age

ricketyrock Thu 18-Nov-10 20:21:43

vaseline on the lense?

tethersend Thu 18-Nov-10 20:27:40

Facelift or botox, definitely. And done recently- she never used to look that blank.

Mind you, it's not her face DP is looking at.

vanitypear Thu 18-Nov-10 20:27:40

Carrying more weight is very kind on the face so I think no.

ricketyrock Thu 18-Nov-10 20:28:55

OMG I want some churritos

brimfull Thu 18-Nov-10 20:30:21

she has def got good bra

ricketyrock Thu 18-Nov-10 20:34:32

Must be made of corrigated iron

JustBeachy Thu 18-Nov-10 20:42:44

She is the same age as Gillian McKeith apparently...if you are what you eat pass me the chocs!!

vintage4 Thu 18-Nov-10 20:53:13

i think she is truly beautiful Saying that i would say she has had some work done on her eyes but you cannot notice it now the way you could a few months ago,She is unrecognisable on the front cover of November issue of Good Housekeeping.I was wondering about her bra too

vintage4 Thu 18-Nov-10 20:54:49

i have that rabbit she has in her kitchen.Mine is called Sebastian> disclaimer it is a light not a sex toy grin

otchayaniye Thu 18-Nov-10 20:57:33

She has definitely had botox (and said as much) and fillers and I think her eyes done. Maybe a teensy brow job, but I don't think she's had a full facelift or implants.

She's always been pale, had good skin (I've met her, it's luminous) and is not thin, which keeps things looking peachier.

tulpe Thu 18-Nov-10 21:02:55

She is absolutely stunning but IMO appears to have had a few fillers here and there - her cheeks are particularly plump. However, I think she does look fresh rather than Stepford Wife.

moragbellingham Thu 18-Nov-10 21:04:25

She's been for a fitting in Bravissimo (a while back)and was apparently perfectly lovely and very non sleb in attitude.

Bonsoir Thu 18-Nov-10 21:16:01

Botox - her face looks quite weird when she smiles - upper half is almost immobile.

CDMforever Thu 18-Nov-10 21:28:40

She is lovely but methinks she wears a bloody good corset to get that tiny waist. Have seen her hips and bum on a chat show and they ain't tiny!!

Maryqueenofchocs Thu 18-Nov-10 21:45:42

so yes.

purplepeony Thu 18-Nov-10 22:07:22

fatness is kind to the face. Magazine covers are airbrushed. I don't think she has had anything done. I know people of 50 who have great skin.

TattyDevine Thu 18-Nov-10 22:47:46

That GH magazine cover was seriously airbrushed. Embarrasingly so. My daughter (13 months) doesn't look that young and fresh!

Not sure about work though, I'd have to see her in the flesh. I haven't watched her latest series, need to see how her face moves before I can say botox.

I have had botox though so know exactly what it does, and that telltale eyebrow kick that Sheryl Gascoine just had in I'm a schleb was botox - her forehead didn't move but the outer sides of the brow went up including some skin above them that wrinkled only in the corners - telltale. But no surprise really.

If you can't see that kind of thing on Nigella then you should give her the benefit of the doubt because contrary to popular belief it seldom immobilises anything and something has to move, giving the game away.

Apparently Nicole Kindman has had so much she just has a wiggly worm in the middle of her forehead where there are no muscles <<boak>>

hobbgoblin Thu 18-Nov-10 22:55:02

I think she has stopped her elocution lessons. Dunno about face or hips or arse but she sounded like a commoner comapared with other times I've been able to stand listening to her for long.

Songbird Thu 18-Nov-10 23:00:50

Oh, I think so. She's smiling very awkwardly throughout this latest series too - very strange.

But she is undeniably gorgeous. Dunt arf know it though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: