Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a Little Black Dress...

(9 Posts)
DrSpechemin Thu 18-Nov-10 15:33:15

DH is going to buy me one for christmas as he's fed up of me not wanting to go out as I don't feel that any of my clothes are nice enough.

So today I tried on the LK Bennett Tina dress and it fitted like a glove - v flattering - but I'm not sure if it's evening-y enough to wear out to nice restaurants etc.

What do you think?- any other suggestion v welcome. I am a curvy size 12 (34E chest, small wait and balanced hips), have a long body and short(er) legs. I want something that is going to make me feel full of confidence.

tethersend Thu 18-Nov-10 15:53:59

What's your budget?

I love the Tina dress, and think it's fine for evening... these are also nice:

Here

Here

here

Here

Here

Here

Here

DrSpechemin Thu 18-Nov-10 16:03:43

Budget probably up to £250.

Forgot to say that I have quite heavy thighs so not too keen on anything shorter then knee length.

I do like the first one in your links but wonder if it would be too short on me - I'm 5ft5 though so hardly model height

tethersend Thu 18-Nov-10 16:39:56

Hmm... not sure it would be long enough; besides, I don't think it would make you feel full of confidence if you're worried about it being too short IYSWIM...

How about this?

tethersend Thu 18-Nov-10 16:50:21

Or something like this or this?

DrSpechemin Thu 18-Nov-10 17:02:50

Ooh - I like that 20th C one - not sure what the material is like though.

Like the matches one - but would like something a bit more structured...

I'm err-ing more on the side of the Tina tbh - just because it fitted so well - and there was a little bit of room for xmas indulgence as well!

tethersend Thu 18-Nov-10 17:11:37

TBH, I think that for the price the Tina is hard to beat. It is lovely. What's stopping you getting it?

DrSpechemin Thu 18-Nov-10 17:14:29

Nothing - I think I'll take dh shopping tomorrow and see what he thinks - I thought it was fantastic - and thought it was v flattering - just seemed to curve in in all the right places. I think I'll get it

Thank you for all your help - sometimes you just need some reassurance

Clure Thu 18-Nov-10 18:29:04

Tina dress is lovely, its the sort of dress that won't date. You can dress it up with some fab heels and jewellery as well as dressing it down a little with opaques and a little cardi for a more daytime smart look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now