Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Cheap party dress for hourglass suggestions please

(11 Posts)
MaudOHara Thu 18-Nov-10 11:19:24

Have been trying to help my friend find a party dress for next weekend without much luck, and was hoping the fashionistas on S&B might be able to find something.

Her DH lost his job last year so they're pretty skint so budget is £40ish so I know its a bit of a challenge, although I can probably sort shoes and accessories.

She's a bit like Nigella - hourglass, dark hair, pale skin, size 14-16 and 5'5" - but she won't wear anything too short as she's late 30s so not much above the knee.

Thanks [pleading] smile

woopsidaisy Thu 18-Nov-10 11:44:29

I'm an hourglass myself. What about this.
Or this?
A little over budget here ,and this has got good reviews.
Hope they help.

MaudOHara Thu 18-Nov-10 12:41:06

Thanks woopsidaisy - brilliant suggestions - will pass them on

tethersend Thu 18-Nov-10 13:51:47

A little over budget, but nice... gorgeous...

Rannaldini Thu 18-Nov-10 14:04:29

the second one is luuuverly tether

tethersend Thu 18-Nov-10 14:40:12

Tis lovely in rl. Nearly bought it myself wink

mippy Thu 18-Nov-10 15:20:30

I'd suggest Vivien of Holloway but that's over budget.

MaudOHara Fri 19-Nov-10 12:13:43

Thanks have mailed a link to this thread - and have accidentally ordered the green dress that tethers linked to for me grin

mippy Fri 19-Nov-10 15:03:05

Bollocks, if you're my size it's your fault it's sold out now grin

ameliameerkat Fri 19-Nov-10 22:12:45

Definitely within budget!
direct.asda.com/george/women-s-clothing/g21/dresse s/g21-limited-edition-one-shoulder-dress/GEM51563, default,pd.html
and
direct.asda.com/george/women-s-clothing/dresses/da y-dresses/bodysculpt-shift-dress/GEM48107,default, pd.html

40deniertights Sat 20-Nov-10 09:48:40

I sound absolutely identical to your friend. In fact, had to check it wasn't me! The first one whoopsidaisy found would be lovely.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: