Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I am going to a spa. What will happen? Tell me all about it

(12 Posts)
flowerybeanbag Thu 18-Nov-10 10:54:39

I have never done anything like it before, but my lovely friend is having a hen do this weekend and part of it is a spa visit. Apparently I will be having a back massage and a facial.

Can anyone tell me what happens, what do I need to wear/bring, all that stuff? I am clueless!

flowerybeanbag Thu 18-Nov-10 12:22:54

<<needy>>

CMOTdibbler Thu 18-Nov-10 12:28:55

Usually, you need your swimming costume, and if there are steam rooms I like to take a really good deep cleanser so I can slap it on and steam it in, plus moisturiser.hair brush etc.

Generally you get changed into swimmers and the robe/slippers they provide, you get a tour round, and then you swim/steam/relax/gossip till your treatment time, then do the same after each treatment. You'll all have different times.

flowerybeanbag Thu 18-Nov-10 13:01:16

Ooh thanks CMOT, that's very helpful and sounds lovely!

craftynclothy Thu 18-Nov-10 13:11:46

Does it have a gym too? If so then you might want some gym clothes with you.

thenightsky Thu 18-Nov-10 13:13:22

Take 2 swimsuits. Then when it is lunchtime you can shower, put dry suit and dry gown over the top. Nobody dresses for lunch.

thenightsky Thu 18-Nov-10 13:14:20

Oh... and take some flip flops that you can wear with wet feet for walking from spa/pool area to changing rooms, then into dining room.

flowerybeanbag Thu 18-Nov-10 14:04:03

thanks all. It does have a gym I think, but I'm too lazy off for a big night out afterwards so don't want to knacker myself out too much grin

Good tip about the swimsuits and flip flops, will have to see what I can dig out.

HeadFairy Thu 18-Nov-10 14:10:28

I was going to suggest ipod or book as they usually have a quiet area to relax in but as you're going on a hen do you probably won't be sitting somewhere on your own for long! I always forget to take make up remover and end up with mascara streaks down my face after swimming...

If you do use the steam room, do it before your facial. Will make all your pores pop open and then your facial with be all the more effective.

flowerybeanbag Thu 18-Nov-10 14:17:05

thanks HeadFairy. I am not a steam room fan and I don't think I'm allowed to use them anyway as I have epilepsy, so that won't be an issue. And yes, unlikely to require distractions while relaxing!

HeadFairy Thu 18-Nov-10 15:08:20

ah in that case... droopy mascara won't be a problem

polyhymnia Thu 18-Nov-10 23:43:02

Really recommend the flip-flops bit.
Went to a hen at a super-expensive and swish spa last year, locked boots away, and found I was really skidding/ slipping, both on my bare, newly pedicured, so smooth-soled, feet AND in the towelling slippers provided every time I walked along the side of their vast pool, so had to inch along gingerly. Not very relaxing,or cool!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: