Talk

Advanced search

I have this dress - need footwear recommendations please

(5 Posts)
suiledonne Wed 17-Nov-10 18:34:38

dress

I am going out for a meal with some friends for Christmas. I love the dress and think I would wear it with black tights/leggins but don't have a clue about what shoes or boots to wear.

The last time I went out for a meal the others were all dressed so well and I looked like a frump in my black trousers and nice top combo.

Please help.

suiledonne Wed 17-Nov-10 18:35:54

I see they are calling it a tunic but I am 5'2 so definitely a dress on me.

cruelladepoppins Wed 17-Nov-10 20:06:21

Tis beautiful. What do you already have by way of footwear? (I have an aversion to buying new shoes just to go with one dress - I prob don't really belong on S&B)

I would wear it with leggings, and either black knee-high boots with a reasonable heel, or ballet pumps.

Hang on a sec, is that navy in the colour mix? If so, I would wear with navy leggings and sparkly shoes.

suiledonne Wed 17-Nov-10 20:38:40

Not quite navy - a few shades lighter.

I have nothing in the way of footwear.
Two pairs of very worn converse and a pair of chunky leather wedges that I bought in Clarks this summer.

I am not good with shoes mainly due to the fact that I value comfort above all smile

Clure Wed 17-Nov-10 22:52:32

nice dress. I'd go with something like these they'd be wearable with other stuff afterwards too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now