Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Kate M's blue dress

(15 Posts)
stressheaderic Tue 16-Nov-10 19:48:46

Loved it. Stylish, fitted, fab colour. On the lookout for something similar if anyone comes across anything - although I expect by the end of the week it will be in every shop from Coast to Primark.

Cicatrice Tue 16-Nov-10 19:53:11

Me too! I'm also rather liking Christina Odone's red dress on Channel 4 news.

ValiumSingleton Tue 16-Nov-10 20:08:32

Beautiful. check out my ring thread on s&b? check out Elizabeth duke's finest for royal glamour on a budget...

BeattieBow Tue 16-Nov-10 20:17:11

it's Issa apparently. Someone Famous in Fashion tweeted about it.

icapturethecastle Tue 16-Nov-10 20:20:15

I really like it as well not something I would look good in but I can dream.

sethstarkaddersmum Tue 16-Nov-10 20:21:50

it was indeed a lovely dress but I think the reason it looked so lovely was that it fitted perfectly because it will have been fitted to her instead of being off the peg.

LadyBlaBlah Tue 16-Nov-10 20:26:42

Too norky

hf128219 Tue 16-Nov-10 20:40:18

She's the designer's unofficial muse

JaniceSoprano Tue 16-Nov-10 20:40:47

its a bit like this

( hopes link is right_

Millie1 Tue 16-Nov-10 20:43:47

It was lovely but ... I know the length is really fashionable just now but I'd have preferred it had it finished below the knee. I must just be an old fuddy-duddy grin!

traceybath Tue 16-Nov-10 20:49:06

Pretty dress and I was just very glad she wasn't wearing those pull on boots she used to wear all the time.

Helps that she is tall, slender, pretty with lovely hair smile

Just saw a bit of their interview and they seemed very sweet together.

zanz1bar Tue 16-Nov-10 21:06:19

Just knew mums netters would have spotted that dress.
I am no royalist but........do kinda like her style. Yes she does dress a bit old but he'll I am 42 so think she looks great. Much more fun than samcam.

polyhymnia Wed 17-Nov-10 00:22:56

Interesting how we're all different - 'fun' is about the last word I'd use for her style! 'Classic' perhaps (though Issa generally a good thing). No great style fan of Sam Cam, but at least she sometimes looks a bit quirkier than KM who seems totally predictable.

diddl Wed 17-Nov-10 08:03:44

I think it was a lovely fit on her-royal(?) blue by any chance?

But horrible material.

sethstarkaddersmum Wed 17-Nov-10 09:16:20

she has a perfect style sense for a Queen Consort in waiting though.
They know she's always going to be elegantly and correctly dressed but is never going to upstage her husband (unlike that naughty Diana). Bingo.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: