Talk

Advanced search

Zara clothes for children, any good?

(24 Posts)
HollyBollyBooBoo Mon 15-Nov-10 01:20:44

Looked around children's dept in Zara for the first time last week and really loved the style, quite nice and traditional. Thought they were quite pricey (but am in Canada and everything is expensive!) but just wondered if people thought they were good quality and VFM?

bunnymother Mon 15-Nov-10 05:20:22

I have only got as far as Zara Baby, but love it! Looks adorable, washes and wears well. Although would warn you that the sizes come up smaller than other brands. DD wears the same size in Zara as she does in Gap, if that helps.

exhaustednurse Mon 15-Nov-10 06:55:53

Only as far as Zara Baby here too as well.

I really like the fact that for boys the clothes are not covered in slogans and labels like "US Military 1970" like lots of high street brands seem to do!! (WHY??)

Good mix of prices also, some cheaper every day tops for £4 and then a bit more ££ other things as well.

I find the boys trousers do come up a little long, which is good as DC is taller.

FattyArbuckel Mon 15-Nov-10 07:27:09

Lots of eurotrash designs that are naffola, but the classic stuff is very nice, and the quality is fine ime

twoboots Mon 15-Nov-10 08:11:40

i need go to zara last as i seem to go in there spend £30 on 1.5 adorabe outfits, then head to h&m and M&S spend the same amount on at least 4 looks and return the zara stuff out of guilt!

fishie Mon 15-Nov-10 08:12:46

boys trousers are VAST ds still not able to wear a pair I bought more than a year ago and he is standard slim 5yo. i walked past this morning and looked wistfully at a girls leopard coat, is lovely.

Shammalamma Mon 15-Nov-10 08:26:49

like the boys stuff a LOT

moragbellingham Mon 15-Nov-10 16:31:22

Quality not as good as H&M IMO and prices higher.
I bought over £100 and returned all but two tops (these have washed fine).
Some of the stuff is much nicer/more stylish for little girls and when DD hits 6 or 7 and stops wanting pink and bright colours I'm sure she and I will both love it.

Acanthus Mon 15-Nov-10 16:34:05

It's great for skinny boys

DEPECHEMODEFANISBACK Mon 15-Nov-10 16:38:43

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

partyhats Mon 15-Nov-10 16:40:45

Quite expensive but stylish designs, although as others have said HM much better for VFM and about the same quality wise, the knitwear bobbles very quickly too. I mostly shop there in the sale for kids.

WhatsWrongWithYou Mon 15-Nov-10 16:41:29

I've just discovered it for DD aged just 13. The main thing at her age is the style being right and she seems to find things she likes well enough.

Also got a waxed raincoat for DS which is great quality and has a detachable furry gilet inside.

WhatsWrongWithYou Mon 15-Nov-10 16:42:32

Online service can be erratic, though; I always get something I didn't order/ something the wrong size. They do courier returns.

Francagoestohollywood Mon 15-Nov-10 16:49:41

The quality is quite good for a high street shop (but it used to be better).

I used to like it more, especially for dd, nowadays it seems a bit too "trendy" and copies adult fashion too much. It used to be more classic and prettier.
Boys clothes are better than girls clothes at the moment, imho.

I don't find it that expensive either.

Francagoestohollywood Mon 15-Nov-10 16:50:41

That incredibly expensive, I meant. You can get nice cotton jumpers for under 12 euros here.

stressheaderic Mon 15-Nov-10 16:52:58

Baby stuff is classic and nice but yes, agree that sizes come up small.

HarriedWithChildren Mon 15-Nov-10 17:06:03

I buy a fair bit as it suits my boring taste: V neck jumpers, polo shirts all in classic and also lovely bright colours. No logos, no messages.
It is more expensive than average but I'm not overall a massive clothes buyer and it is amortized by 3 DSs. Quality of wash I've found great but some rivets and buttons have fallen off baby clothes which is quite scandalous.
The only shop that makes me wish I had a daughter.

taffetacat Mon 15-Nov-10 17:13:09

I guess it depends what you buy. I personally don't buy any, but a friend with an older DD does and we get her handmedowns. The stuff I have had ( lots of tshirts, shirts, boots ) have been excellent quality, especially the shirts which are unusual, beautifully made and finished.

Shammalamma Mon 15-Nov-10 17:14:38

we love it as the boys jeans cuts are named after two of my sons

freak eh?

FattyArbuckel Mon 15-Nov-10 17:22:16

Franca I agree with you that the girls stuff is too trendy now and the boys stuff much better. Its a shame because my dd is 11 and there isn't as wide a choice of shops for that age group.

puzzlepetal Mon 15-Nov-10 17:33:10

Boys clothes are well made and come in a much better colour range than other shops IMO. But always have to buy a size down (wish the same could be said for their womenswear which is frustratingly small).

hattymattie Mon 15-Nov-10 18:38:28

I'm in France and find Zara kids relatively cheap. Bought winter duvet coat for my 12 year old for 23 euros. Also Zara basics does cheap t-shirt tops, cords etc. I think girls from 8 to 13 like it as it's more edgy than traditional children's clothes. We tend to drift between H&M and Zara now although I find H&M more trashy. Zara not bad for 8 year old boy either.

HollyBollyBooBoo Mon 15-Nov-10 18:46:54

Thanks everyone, will definitely check it out during the sale!

Dando Mon 15-Nov-10 18:48:21

Is ok, I'm not loving the mini-me girls stuff, but always worth a look. Seems to me to be like H&M I either come out with armfuls or nowt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now