Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Please help me accessorise this dress?

(6 Posts)
CrispyTheCrisp Sun 14-Nov-10 21:01:40

I am new to S&B, so please be gentle with me grin

I bought this dress today in dark teal. Only because I loved it. I have nowhere to wear it to - work Xmas do is a lunch so a bit OTT?

Where would i actually wear it and what necklace/shoes do i need? I have a small diamond pendant - would that work? <clueless>

TIA smile

CrispyTheCrisp Sun 14-Nov-10 21:11:33

Anyone stylish out there????

lalalonglegs Sun 14-Nov-10 22:11:31

I'd say silver shoes (high but quite plain) and some sort of chunky, silver tight necklace/choker round your neck - you don't want a pendant taking attention away from the one shoulder, it would just look unbalanced. Maybe ditch necklace altogether and go for statement ear-rings and bracelet.

Where would you wear it? If you haven't got a big do coming up, I might be tempted to return it - it's lovely but not the sort of thing you can just throw on.

CrispyTheCrisp Sun 14-Nov-10 22:16:55

Thanks Lala. You are right, i can't just throw it on, but i love it. DH has said he will take me out for a nice meal just to wear it grin, so a choker and silver sky scrapers it is

Where would you wear it BTW? ONLY to an evening Xmas/birthday do? Lots of friends will be turning 40 next year so i am sure one will have a party.....

twoboots Sun 14-Nov-10 22:19:09

i agree, no neckace and maybe something like
this ring or this bracelet
the jackie brazil site is under constuction, there is loads more statment suff there.

lalalonglegs Sun 14-Nov-10 22:27:43

I think it is lovely but I need a sturdy bra so one shoulder dresses are out of the question for me grin. Hold your husband to his promise and hang onto it for parties next year - it will still feel current, it doesn't scream "Christmas frock" for instance.

Great bracelet twoboots.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: