Talk

Advanced search

HELP!! 70's Party!!

(6 Posts)
Shoppingveggie Sat 13-Nov-10 20:09:55

I am going to a 70's party soon and really haven't a clue what to wear.....well if I had loads of spare cash and was a size 12 I would have no problem - trouble is I don't want to spend too much (if any!) on an outfit I won't wear again and I am a size 20 sad.

Ideally I would like to join in the atmosphere, but don't really want to go the whole hog - does that make sense?

Anyone got any ideas - I would really appreciate them - thanks.

Jellykat Sat 13-Nov-10 21:48:23

A good wig for starters!

Think Disco,bit of glam rock-sparkly,try charity shops.. you can get plastic starshaped glasses from kids/joke shops and how about sewing some mirror type discs or big sequins onto a plain top/dress?

Shoppingveggie Sat 13-Nov-10 21:56:59

Thanks Jellykat - liking the idea of the glasses - in fact I do have a top that could be passed off as 70(ish) and with the glasses and a wig could wing for me....

tethersend Sat 13-Nov-10 22:04:05

Maxi dress? I have a 70s one I could send you if you like... won't be able to post til late next week though.

Jellykat Sat 13-Nov-10 22:05:50

Have a good fun time! smile

Shoppingveggie Sat 13-Nov-10 22:53:35

OMG tethersend how kind of you, but the party is on Saturday, that is such a lovely thought though.

Think I am going to go with Jellykat and get some glasses and a wig - what the ** am I going to look like!!

Thank you ladies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now