Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

A rather tedious girls' leggings/ballerina flats question from old fogey mother?

(8 Posts)
Stillconfounded Sat 13-Nov-10 15:36:06

Um, I have succumbed to my 7 year old dd's wishes (in part) this year and bought her leggings/tunics/dresses and ballerina flats for parties etc.

The trouble is, it's too cold to wear shoes with bare feet; what do you do about this?

Do your dds wear thin tights or socks under leggings? (Ankle socks look a bit strange imo but open to suggestions).

I wanted some thin pop-sock (perhaps with shiny bits in) type socks for dd but they don't seem to exist...

LadyViper Sat 13-Nov-10 15:39:04

why not get some ugg style boots? they are flat, furry inside and go with leggings/tunics.

Stillconfounded Sat 13-Nov-10 15:40:24

Thank you LadyViper she has some little ankle boots with fur cuff as it happens - and I agree - leggings look good with them.

The problem arises when she wears party shoes.

nicolamumof3 Sat 13-Nov-10 16:17:30

she then needs to wear thick tights instead of the leggings?

Bue Sat 13-Nov-10 17:35:55

Could she put on some thin tights in a matching or coordinating colour under the leggings?

Ooopsadaisy Sat 13-Nov-10 17:43:14

Ankle boots look fab with thick tights/leggings and long tunics.

Ugg-style boots to travel to parties and then change into party shoes at last minute. I actually do this myself! (Hides face behind giant wine glass to hide shame).

I once walked to a friend's party with my sparkly dress on and trainers on my feet. I hid my trainers in a hedge and went into the party in my heels. Came out at 2am a bit worse for wear and spent about 2 hours staggering about the bushes looking for my trainers. Made lots of new friends during the search though.

PixieOnaLeaf Sat 13-Nov-10 17:43:29

Message withdrawn

Stillconfounded Sat 13-Nov-10 23:20:31

Hi everyone. Sorry for late response - was out tonight.

Thanks for all your help. I am clueless about this sort of thing.

Will revert to tights I think on occasion but otherwise try and find thin socks to coordinate.

Lol Oopsadaisy Hopefully have another decade or so before dd will be searching for her trainers in a hedge grin!!

Can't believe I am worrying about this sort of thing for a 7 yr old if I'm honest ... when I was 7 all I wore was hand-me-downs ..
.. cue violin music ....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: