Talk

Advanced search

Primark sizing ?

(7 Posts)
whyamibothering Fri 12-Nov-10 21:36:50

Went to Primark Oxford Street today to buy shirt / tie for DH and DS for a funeral next week.

I had no intention of buying myself a dress there but actually found one which would be just perfect. Tweedy kind of pattern, dropped waist, lined so fine for chilly weather.

Dresses on hangers all looked rather small and I did check labels on clothes rather than hangers as I know Primark are devils for using the wrong hangers. Bought a size bigger than I'd usually wear but to be honest it's on the tight size. Gets tape measure out tonight and basically I'd say it's a size 14 but labelled 18.

Do you think I've got one randomly badly sized garment or do I really need a size 20 - how horrendous. Am I faced with taking a tape measure to every store now to physically measure everything before buying? Queue for changing room absolutely dire - a good 45 min wait. Far easier to take home and return.

What are your experiences of Primark sizing? Am I alone in this?

PlumSykes Fri 12-Nov-10 21:46:49

It's them, not you! I'm a 10/12 in M&S etc, but Primark PJ in a 14-16 are snug around my hips. Cheap clothes=cut small to save fabric, I guess

Meglet Fri 12-Nov-10 21:50:02

Some of their sizing is really duff.

Not as bad as New Look though. I can get into small / size 10 Primark but a size 12 New Look is a bit snug confused

Tidey Fri 12-Nov-10 21:50:45

It's definitely them. I'm usually a 14 on the bottom and 16 on the top due to large boobage, but had to get a size 20 jumper in Primark so it would fit over my chest!

MaryMotherOfCheeses Fri 12-Nov-10 21:51:44

Mad sizing and randomly cut, in my experience.

I wouldn't buy anything from there without trying it on.

whyamibothering Fri 12-Nov-10 22:07:33

Okay, so it's quite possible this one garment was wrongly sized and if I go back armed with tape measure I might just find a size 16 or a size 18 that is what it ought to be. They don't have a size 20 in stock and it's very rarely I actually like anythng in there enough to feel confident.

LadyGlencoraPalliser Fri 12-Nov-10 22:42:56

I'm a size 14. Bought a size 18 hoodie in there recently, which I have handed over to my size 8 daughter as it fits her perfectly and is far too small for me.
Yet other 14s in there fit me fine - am wearing a size 14 Primark jumper as I type.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now