Talk

Advanced search

Tights that don't create muffin top..

(16 Posts)
celticlassie Thu 11-Nov-10 18:17:19

As it says - does anyone know of good quality black opaque tights where a muffin top is avoided? I'm not by any means enormous but feel that tights quite often create a bulgy bit where there shouldn't be one... Not too expensive either, I lost tights a lot...

angelene Thu 11-Nov-10 22:24:58

I prefer hold ups now to be honest. I've lost lots of weight but can't seem to sort this issue out. I seem to remember that I got black opaque hold ups from M&S when I was pregnant.

cyb Thu 11-Nov-10 22:26:03

My tights have never created a bulgy muffin top bit...they keep me all trim and tight in

Are you wearing a size too small??

waterlooroadisadocumentary Thu 11-Nov-10 22:31:42

Mine only give me a muffin top if they are too small. I buy mine in Lewis' I think they are about £8.

celticlassie Thu 11-Nov-10 22:39:55

Don't think so, I'm small and (normally) a 10 but both small and medium do this to me. Think I maybe just have to start doing sit-ups.

cyb Thu 11-Nov-10 22:41:13

I dont see how you CAN get overspill with tights. they come up to your waist, right? And you are a 10?

bunnymother Thu 11-Nov-10 23:04:02

Gap Low Rise tights are great. Try them.

celticlassie Thu 11-Nov-10 23:05:34

Yup. Obv just very blobby for a 10 blush

celticlassie Thu 11-Nov-10 23:05:59

But will head to gap tomorrow. (fingers crossed)

TrillianAstra Thu 11-Nov-10 23:08:56

Mine don't make muffin top but they do make a very tight waist, which is visible under a jersey dress because my natural waist doesn't have a line right there.

Am trying some Primark ones that claim to make a good waist - assuming this means they come higher than the waist. Will let you know tomorrow.

bunnymother Thu 11-Nov-10 23:15:31

Good luck, Celtic! Am size 10 too (when not pregnant) and have moved solely to the Gap Low Rise tights.

cyb Sat 13-Nov-10 12:09:29

Urgh I cant imagine anything WORSE than low rise tights. Dont they make you feel like you want to yank the up all the time?

colditz Sat 13-Nov-10 12:12:48

I want tights that don't roll down like a condom. What am I doing wrong?

i am very apple shaped ...

FiveOrangePips Sat 13-Nov-10 15:22:23

I always buy larger tights and wear them tucked under my bra (I am short and this is the only way I am comfortable in tights, hate having tights sitting on my waist).

I don't buy h&m tights, because they are quite short in the body but very long in the leg.

celticlassie Sat 13-Nov-10 21:45:36

I love the tucked into the bra idea but they're never quite long enough. Have just bought some River Island so will report back...

takingchances Sat 13-Nov-10 22:13:23

I get a scissors and make small incisions (1/2 cm length) at various points around the waistband. I don't know why they make the waistbands so tiny. Not only do they give me muffin top but they also make me feel sick after eating. The cuts around the top give me a HUGE amount of relief and no more sausage-cut-in-half action under slinky dresses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now