Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I have Gruffalo legs, please help!

(6 Posts)
2tontess Thu 11-Nov-10 15:08:29

I'm 5.5 and have very short fat legs. Any ideas how to dress them? Inside leg is 29 inches, large calves, large thighs but scrawny ankles and knobbley knees. I'm a 12 on top, almost a 10 on the bottom half.

I can never find boots that fit nicely, if I have a wide fit they tend to sag a little around ankles. Dresses tend to be too long, skinny jeans and boots a definite no.

I tend to live in boot cut jeans and plain tops or ahem...fleeces shock

I am one of the Fat Face / White Stuff shoppers but would love to branch out a little.

Maryqueenofchocs Thu 11-Nov-10 19:57:58

Try Duo boots, calf fit, and go for skinny jeans and boots. YOU CAN WEAR THEM!

As long as the fit is right it will elongate your body. As a size 10/12 you prob hate your calves more than you should.

Choose a heeled boot. Also try dress/skirt leg lengths that come just below the knee and fitted, think dita von teese, a very flattering cut plus it'll half the size of your calves. When wearing a dress choose shoes without an ankle strap, this draws attention to the leg.

grin

BikeRunSki Thu 11-Nov-10 20:04:55

Try Gap "Long and Lean" jeans. The name is midleading, but they work well on my Gruffalo legs.

2tontess Fri 12-Nov-10 07:31:23

Thankyou so much for your replies, I was going to try Gap curvy jeans as I thought long and lean would be off limits confused

I measured my calves the other day as I fancied a pair of Fly boots. Website said they'd fit up to 33cm calves, mine are 42 blush

Finbar Fri 12-Nov-10 07:33:44

Gap Curvy jeans have been a revelation to my gruffalos!
I would avoid skinnies though

higgle Fri 12-Nov-10 08:06:02

fly boots are notoriously narrow in the leg- that is why there are always lots left in the sales ( you would think they would notice!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: