Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Pleeeeeease help me find a foundation?

(19 Posts)
LadyCad Thu 11-Nov-10 13:42:16

Shopping trip tomorrow.

I've tried Chanel Vitalumiere but the colour just wasn't right.

I'm 45, normal skin, enlarged pores to a degree (god that makes me cringe typing that). I want sheer, weightless, you know the kind of thing. I want to look healthy and glowy and relaxed and youthful and vital.

Is that really too much to ask? wink

mrsmoores Thu 11-Nov-10 14:01:42

I've never got on with the chanel one, couldn't find the right shade either but now use Laura Mercier.

this one but she does have various different ones here

They stock it in Space nk and John Lewis I think.

Bue Thu 11-Nov-10 14:12:54

I don't know if you want a powder, but I swear by Bare Escentuals powder foundation. Light, weightless, amazing coverage.

Millie1 Thu 11-Nov-10 14:57:05

I bought a By Terry foundation in Space NK last weekend ... I haven't opened it yet but was really pleased with it when the lady applied it in the shop. Having posted a similar thread only last week, I really think you need to go and visit all the make-up counters in your nearest dept store to see what suits in terms of shades and texture. smile

moragbellingham Thu 11-Nov-10 17:40:48

Lancome teint miracle or idole is pinkier then Chanel.
Bobbi brown the one in the jar for lighter coverage.

Celery Thu 11-Nov-10 17:44:10

Diorskin Nude. It's very natural, looks just like your skin, only much better, and you can't feel that you're wearing it.

I didn't even like the £95 By Terry one. I tried the new Lancome Teint Miracle a few days ago. Neither of them compare to Diorskin, for me.

piratecat Thu 11-Nov-10 17:46:23

clarins clarins clarins.!!!!

I am 40, have quite blemished skin, openish pores/ I use the true comfort. It's light, but also give a bit of radience. Love it.

moragbellingham Thu 11-Nov-10 17:52:58

I've been looking since Prescriptives were taken over and their Traceless foundation is sadly unavailable.
Read that MyFace My Mix foundations are quite good (£12.99 in Boots) as an alternative. Tested it, and it was rather good and light but with a wayward toddler in tow I couldn't find the right shade!

MarshaBrady Thu 11-Nov-10 17:55:33

I am using the wrong foundation these days (at night). A Lancôme one but it is too matt.

I don't wear any in the day but would like to try Diorskin Nude. I am going to Covent Garden at the weekend should be some there, some where....

Shammalamma Thu 11-Nov-10 17:55:51

dior skin nude
or summat

verytellytubby Thu 11-Nov-10 18:13:50

I love my Clinique superbalanced. Totally suits my skin.

pointsmakeprizes Thu 11-Nov-10 18:59:55

I would recommend diorskin nude - either the foundation or the powder foundation versions are exacty what you are looking for and NARS sheerglow is also fabulous.

TheNextMrsDepp Thu 11-Nov-10 19:00:19

I'm a huge fan of mineral powder foundation, as I can't bear heavy lotion types (I'm 43). I'm currently using an Elizabeth Arden one and it's brilliant.

SixtyFootDoll Thu 11-Nov-10 19:01:46

I have pinky undertones in my skin mosst foundations are to orange/yellow
on me

I fund Lillylolo mineral foundation the best

Pinkflipflop Thu 11-Nov-10 19:35:52

The ONLY one is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, available at Selfrideges.com

Fab Fab Fab

makeminemango Thu 11-Nov-10 19:39:34

MAC do a fantastic face and body foundation. Light, looks natural, feels like youn don't have makeup on

happysmiley Thu 11-Nov-10 19:41:24

Another vote for Armani luminous silk. And if you want something slightly his face fabric is fabulous. You can get it from Selfridges or Harvey Nics.

bluebump Thu 11-Nov-10 19:43:48

Clinique Superbalanced here too.

Granard Thu 11-Nov-10 20:18:10

Chantecaille Future Skin or By Terry Eclat Opulent.

Both last all day, both look like you're wearng no make up but have just had a good night's sleep and much younger, fresher skin.

More expensive than any of the others mentioned. I've previously tried Armani luminous silk, Chanel Vitalumiere, Mac Face & Body and just tried a sample of the new Lancome one (Julia Roberts in ad).

No comparison with Chantecaille and / or By Terry.

Space NK stocks both.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: