Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What Are We Wearing In The Rain And The Gales???

(34 Posts)
MayorNaze Thu 11-Nov-10 09:41:36

rain = tights and boots - tights dry quicker than trousers innit grin

all you ladies that let your jeans drag in the puddles - WHY??? tis very strange hmm

SO,as well as tights (thick and grey) and boots (rocket dogs wink), i am also wearing:
purple tartan miniskirt
grey longsleeved tshirt
purple cardy with pink and green edges
and about to go and add a pink pashmina and possibly a green jumper as well as the heating has just gone off and i have muchos computos workus to do angry

bring it, beeeatches grin

sarah293 Thu 11-Nov-10 09:43:19

Message withdrawn

ShatnersBassoon Thu 11-Nov-10 09:45:26

Wellies and a waterproof coat. No-brainer.

MayorNaze Thu 11-Nov-10 09:47:40

are you not cold just in wellies Riv? wink

or rocking the flasher look there ShatnersBassoon grin

MayorNaze Thu 11-Nov-10 09:48:49

naturally i wear a coat when i go out but since i am STILL WAITING HEMHEM MNHQ for a free posh coat my current outdoor attire is really not worth mentioning

sarah293 Thu 11-Nov-10 09:49:28

Message withdrawn

Rockbird Thu 11-Nov-10 09:51:13

The house. I have no intention of going outside in this.

As for the trousers dragging in mud question, unfortunately I have no choice as I am a 5ft shortarse and am fat as well. All clothing manufacturers have decreed that if you're short you have to be a size 16 at the most. If you're fat you have to be at least 5ft 11. T'is the law.

tethersend Thu 11-Nov-10 10:03:20

70s wool coat with sheepskin collar

Black leather skirt, black polo neck

Thick tights

Ankle boots (with red thermal socks- not seen)

And a clear plastic rain bonnet grin

MayorNaze Thu 11-Nov-10 10:08:31

rockbird that is no excusewink - wear 3/4 lengths. or skirts!

tethersend - are you her majesty?? actually i have to admit that i do secretly covet a see through headscarfy thing - t'would sit nicely on the 'do...hmm

traceybath Thu 11-Nov-10 10:10:53

Indigo skinnies tucked into black mid-calf boots
Breton t-shirt
Statement necklace wink
Long grey cardigan

And when I did school run I added a barbour rain hat and timberland duvet coat.

DD looked the best though in shiney red rain mac and matching hat grin

HmmmIwonder Thu 11-Nov-10 10:14:46

Yes but.. what do you wear to a job interview in the gales/rain, travelling by bus?? It's hard to avoid arriving windswept, soaked, brolly dripping, shoes muddy from puddles... all that guff about first impressions ha, don't take the weather and public transport into account do they!

LadyGlencoraPalliser Thu 11-Nov-10 10:15:14

I am wearing jeans with last winter's Fatface boots that leak at the seams (bitter emoticon) and an asymmetric hem jumper, with a padded M&S stormwear coat. I have read the mumsy thread and I know I need to do better.

traceybath Thu 11-Nov-10 10:17:18

Hmmmm you need Tethers little rain bonnet grin

God - its a gap in the market . . .

MayorNaze Thu 11-Nov-10 10:19:50

see the tip about the rain bonnet Hmm grin

wear a large coat that covers everything- prob solved

MayorNaze Thu 11-Nov-10 10:20:19

haha x posts tracey - bet you have one don't you wink

higgle Thu 11-Nov-10 10:22:39

Blue cashmere jumper, tweed miniskirt, thick grey tights, ecco boots, Barbour utility jacket, velvet scarf.

upahill Thu 11-Nov-10 10:22:43

If I'm working outdoors (which I am for most of the evenings this week and next) I will have my Mountain Equipment waterproof coat and Sprayway waterproof pants and either my Brasher or La Fuma waterproof boots.

Just for nipping in to the office to catch up with stuff it will be usual jeans, jumper, converse and my North Face Baker Jacket.

If it is just windy and not raining I will wear my Mountain Equipment duvet coat.

I'm out this weekend so it will be dark jeans and my Belstaff waxed jacket.

bettymoody Thu 11-Nov-10 10:24:37

short boots
jeans ( in them)
and me old boden mac ( black from last year)
its annoyingly good

MooMooFarm Thu 11-Nov-10 10:27:45

God you lot are all so much cooler than me! Unless I'm going somewhere special, I pretty much always put on one of my many identical pairs of jeans, with boots or big wellies if it's raining And a huge rainmac with an enormous hood because I've got no chance of holding up an umbrella with children hanging off every tentacle....

Twit Thu 11-Nov-10 10:45:20

ooh I shall be watching this thread very closely as I'm looking for a warm waterproof coat and waterproof boots (that would also be good in snow if we have it).
I would wear the boots with leggings or skinny jeans, possibly skirts and I prefer knee high. I would also use them on my bike to keep my legs dry.
So.. any ideas?

dexter73 Thu 11-Nov-10 10:57:57

Navy knitted dress
Grey tights

Just walked the dog and it wasn't raining much but very windy! I am now sporting the windswept hair look!

aquavit Thu 11-Nov-10 13:33:55

pale grey button neck jumper
black denim mini
black merino tights
pale grey angora slouchy socks
suede ankle boots (not exactly genius in the rain but they seem to have survived, and my feet are still snuggly)

Once again I am channelling 1984

Kept dry on the walk into work in my usual winter coat (lovely belted knee-length grey herringbone) and a chunky slouchy knitted hat (holds in all my hair and doesn't let water through for at least an hour of proper rain - thank you Jigsaw)

Doyouthinktheysaurus Thu 11-Nov-10 16:34:09

Knitted dress, purple and some other colour I can't describeblush
Purple long cardigan
Tights
Celtic sheepskin boots
Big brown raincoat

Later I shall be donning running gear as too scared of being blown away to venture out this morninggrin

NinkyNonker Thu 11-Nov-10 18:05:44

Primarni black skinnies
White cami
Charcoal Fat Face jersey tunic
Wellies grin

I need a waterproof coat.

Soups Thu 11-Nov-10 18:12:59

I've been hiding indoors wearing a short jersey dress, leggings and a big long purple cardi. At one point I put leg warmers on! But took them off to do the school run grin. When I did venture outside I put on a knee length lined and padded waterproof coat and some tall black winter snow boots. The boots aren't the best looking but they're waterproof, comfy and very warm smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: