Talk

Advanced search

big thighs and clothes

(8 Posts)
olijackmum Wed 10-Nov-10 15:12:23

I really need some advice as my thighs are huge and really getting me depressed I need some advice on how to get rid of them the rest of my body is ok just them .
I am losing all my confidence because of them and cant wear the clothes I want to wear. I am gonig out for a meal on saturday and I dont want to wear the usual jeans tha tI wear i do like leggings but cant find any really nic elong dressy tops to cover my thighs up or does anyone a have any other suggestions to what I could wear . i wear black pants for work so dont really want to wear them on a night out

MaudOHara Wed 10-Nov-10 22:04:10

Knee length skirts are your friend for covering up big thighs I would say.

Leggings and long tops will (IME) only draw attention to your thighs.

QueenGigantaurofMnet Wed 10-Nov-10 22:06:16

wide leg trousers and tops that sit on your waist rather than bum.

coffeenut Thu 11-Nov-10 10:31:48

I have thighs issues and wear knee-length skirts, skinny jeans (only with boots to balance thighs), knee length dresses, maxi dresses, slim cropped pants. A good pair of heels can really do wonders as well. The list is endless. Don't get down about it - most people have something they don't like about themselves. So what if we can't wear mini skirts or short shorts?! smile

olijackmum Thu 11-Nov-10 12:37:29

I would love to wear skinny jeans but cant find any flattering ones

RoobyMurray Thu 11-Nov-10 12:39:04

Dresses and skirt with boots.

ameliameerkat Thu 11-Nov-10 17:29:40

Wide floor skimming length trousers and boot cut jeans (not skinny jeans as they make my legs look fat) with heels are my favourites, and I have Thighs (not just thighs).

Meggles76 Thu 11-Nov-10 18:08:22

Good things for you
A line skirts and knee length jersey dresses - wear with knee boots
Straight leg jeans - create the same look as skinnies but much more forgiving
Wide leg trousers - wear with neat fitting tops
boot cut jeans - they balance out your shape

Things to Avoid
leggings
Thigh length hem lines on tunics and longer tops - they will draw attention to your problem area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now