Talk

Advanced search

Little girls' party dresses: AIBU to ...

(12 Posts)
Waswondering Tue 09-Nov-10 20:42:26

... wish they came with long sleeves? It's kinda chilly in these parts in mid winter and there are gorgeous girls' dresses in the shops, almost all of which are sleeveless.

Am I along in longing for a long-sleeved bodice on little party dresses? I don't necessarily want to cover dd (4) up with a co-ordinating cardigan when the dress is very lovely in its own right ....

NoahAndTheWhale Tue 09-Nov-10 20:45:07

I have just got DD (5) a party dress with short sleeves for christmas. Do agree that there are a lot of sleeveless dresses around and with a Cardigan it's not quite the same.

thecatatemygymsuit Tue 09-Nov-10 20:49:36

Agree! Just to let you know, Monsoon have some lovely long-sleeved dresses at the mo - my dd is almost 4 and they are perfect for that age - kinda 70's peasanty rather than princessy.

TattyDevine Tue 09-Nov-10 21:00:49

Have a look at I Love Gorgeous

tassisssss Wed 10-Nov-10 10:16:31

WW, I so, so agree. I like short sleeves in summer and long in winter and can't be bothered with all these sleeveless ones that need cardis over! My fave of all time was a navy long sleeved 12-18 month dress from John Lewis (via ebay) that both my girls have worn, velvet top and taffeta bottom, lovely!

JL and ebay are well worth a good look if you're still looking...

Pinkjenny Wed 10-Nov-10 10:18:02

You are so right. The last few years we've had to buy a skirt and top combo for dd to wear on Christmas Day. This year, I've gone with a short sleeved dress, the poor child will be blue.

YunoYurbubson Wed 10-Nov-10 10:18:37

I always find long sleeved party dresses in Debenhams and John Lewis.

hannahsaunt Wed 10-Nov-10 11:06:37

We do a nice line here of long sleeve white vests underneath (which is what I had planned if Boden hadn't destroyed my winter dreams!!!!!)

Waswondering Thu 11-Nov-10 16:34:01

Monsoon have some - having just taken receipt of a gift from Granny!! Liking

this

this v much

- just received

The last one looks totally different in real life ... but good to know there are some out there, even if not the cheapest!!

BlooKangaWonders Thu 11-Nov-10 16:45:21

My dd have always got too hot in long sleeved party dresses, so short + cardi is best for us!

Don't anyone else's dd run around at parties?! Maybe should have trained mine to sit quietly... grin

Waswondering Thu 11-Nov-10 16:59:58

Ah yes bloo but if they wear the dress at any possible smart occasion, they may not always be running around (ie nice meals out etc) .....

smile

tassisssss Thu 11-Nov-10 18:01:14

Yes, like WW says our dds will wear "party" dress to every smart occasion all winter. And like WW we're in freezing Scotland. I hate covering lovely dresses up with cardis (though have particularly lovely cream ex flower girl cardis for my girlies this winter!).

WW those dresses from Monsoon are truly gorgeous, love them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now