Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Not very stylish but please recommend a thermal vest/camisole

(9 Posts)
Millie1 Tue 09-Nov-10 13:02:51

I'm absolutely frozen and it's only November! Can anyone please recommend pretty thermal vests or camis to wear under jumpers, long-sleeved t-s etc. Only critera is that it must be machine washable - don't mind if it can't be tumble-dried - and warm! Thanks smile

aquavit Tue 09-Nov-10 13:58:48

not particularly pretty but uniqlo heattech (vest, tees, l/s tees...) are VERY good and warming

moragbellingham Tue 09-Nov-10 13:59:37

I have some from M&S which are OK. Standard issue, pretty with tiny holes in black and pale pink.
I did see some long sleeved plain coloured ones in Marble Arch (teal/plum) that looked really nice on Saturday. Haven't checked online to see if they're on there yet.

Dracschick Tue 09-Nov-10 14:00:55

They had some pretty ones in debenhams yesterday £15.

BCBG Tue 09-Nov-10 14:04:21

Brora's are brilliant, very warm, look great and wash well.

Millie1 Tue 09-Nov-10 14:11:26

Thank you ... shall check out all suggestions. I guess it doesn't have to be thermal but it does have to be warm!

KurriKurri Tue 09-Nov-10 14:26:55

I got a couple from John Lewis last year - very warm and comfortable (they have nice wide straps at the top, so don't cut into your shoulders.) About £10 IIRC.

higgle Tue 09-Nov-10 16:21:18

I'd second the Brora ones - you can wear them sticking out under dresses that aren't warm enought for winter otherwise.

Unprune Tue 09-Nov-10 16:24:52

Totally recommend Icebreaker merino wool base layers.
(Can you tell I get cold easily? grin)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: