Talk

Advanced search

What are your favourite Mac products?

(16 Posts)
bookeater Tue 09-Nov-10 12:25:27

Just about to order Mac Prep and Prime SPF50.

Anything else you would recommend from Mac? I have quite oily skin.

Anyone tried their finishing powder?

katy1katy Tue 09-Nov-10 12:43:53

Message deleted

woopsidaisy Tue 09-Nov-10 13:46:50

Hi Bookeater.I use their Mineralize Satinfinish Foundation and Mineralize Skinfinish powder.I find it great.I like a "dewy" look,and this is perfect for me.The best I have ever had actually.I also love their Blushcreme,I get Ladyblush,as this gives a lovely natural "dewy" look too.

aquavit Tue 09-Nov-10 13:56:51

yy LOVE ladyblush

lasts so well and has a gorgeous finish as woopsi says

I adore their eyeshadows too

bookeater Tue 09-Nov-10 14:15:54

Great - will have a look at your suggestions, ta.

Any more?

moragbellingham Tue 09-Nov-10 15:32:30

Mineralise skinfinish powder is what I'm currently using. It's not bad but tends to accumulate in my wrinkles (I'm sure other brands would too but this is more noticeableconfused
Powder blusher aswell asthe cream ones are nice.
I used to use their foundation stick, still use their concealer (the liquid one - select moisture cover).

Eye liners are fab colours esp prunella and phone number though not as longlasting as Urban Decay.

I wasn't amazingly keen on the prep and prime so...

bookeater Tue 09-Nov-10 15:48:19

What didn't you like about the Prep and Prime? I'm going for it on the basis of other MNetters loving it, but it would be useful to have a different opinion.

CMOTdibbler Tue 09-Nov-10 16:03:38

I just bought some liquid eyeliner in inkspill, and by god it's good. Doesn't shift at all all day and looks fab.

Whenever I buy non-Mac eyeshadow I realise how good theirs is too

vinvinoveritas Tue 09-Nov-10 17:48:13

I love their lipsticks- ruby woo is the most delicious true (blue-toned) bright red.

pointsmakeprizes Tue 09-Nov-10 19:10:02

I love ladyblush and brit wit creme blushers, would recommend Dollymix blusher too - gives the perfect rosy glow.

Would recommend their paintpots too - especially painterly or bare study. They are lovely creme shadows that last all day. Bare study is prob the one MAC product I use more than any other.

pointsmakeprizes Tue 09-Nov-10 19:11:44

is the prep and prime 50 the liquid one in a black tube? I did use it but found it went off very quickly and separated so wouldn't recommend it on that basis.

bookeater Wed 10-Nov-10 18:49:05

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Bit undecided now about the Prep and Prime. Any more comments about it please?

KenDoddsDadsDog Wed 10-Nov-10 19:32:27

I like the prep and prime. Have combination skin.
Also a fan of fluidline, eyepencils, ladyblush, lipglass in spite. The lipgelee and eyeshadows are fab. Oh sod it I love everything grin

Celery Thu 11-Nov-10 06:56:53

The prep and prime spf 50 and the normal prep and prime are very different. I love the spf one, it's great for oily/combinination skin, basically makes foundation stick all day. The non spf on didn't do that for me.

Maryqueenofchocs Thu 11-Nov-10 07:45:22

Lip glass.

TallulahBelly14 Thu 11-Nov-10 13:02:51

Ooh I have super oily skin, and while Prep & Prime is 'ok', Dermalogica's Clearing Mattifier is a great alternative. Keeps the shine at bay all day, as they say!

Also swear by Mac's Penultimate eye liner - sooo easy to apply, the best I've found so far (think it only comes in black though)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now