Talk

Advanced search

all dressed out - help me find a skirt?

(6 Posts)
Odelay Mon 08-Nov-10 11:45:22

after filing my wardrobe with dresses for a couple of years i think i'm ready for a skirt!

so the criteria is / are:

casual, for weekends not work

mid thigh (i am tall and a sz 14, but legs one of the better parts of my body)

to be worn with wooly tights / biker boots / jumper

due to my large bum i can't do flared, but A line ok i think

i picture plain and grey / dark but actually am open to colour and pattern if the shape, and length look right

oh and must be online due to country living / transport issues smile

do i ask too much? or not enough?

dexter73 Mon 08-Nov-10 11:51:49

Grey cord from Gap

Odelay Mon 08-Nov-10 11:57:44

that's nice dexter but not on the UK site, the UK one is longer and decidedly more frumpy, what do you think they're trying to say?

SickOnMyShoulder Mon 08-Nov-10 18:55:58

this

very cute buy not the type of thing you can wear every day

very practical?

hattymattie Mon 08-Nov-10 19:03:10

Esprit have some cute skirts (sorry not good at linking) but they do have online shop and the sort of skirts I think you maybe looking for.

cheesebaby Tue 09-Nov-10 00:45:30

This is fab - gorgeous warm soft chunky cord; not lined but I haven't had problems with this. Hits mid thigh on me at 5'6", but I'm high waisted. Looks great as you describe, and also with taller boots. Somewhat on the pricey side but I have to confess I ordered in the grey and also the pink and am keeping both (bit of an extreme reaction to spending virtually my entire adult life only in jeans and I'm treating myself!). Next stop for me, dresses!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now