Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Skinny jeans that don't fall down?

(31 Posts)
EldonAve Mon 08-Nov-10 09:54:41

Feeling rather fed up

My £40 skinny jeans from Zara will not stay up for any length of time and a belt doesn't seem to solve the issue

What is the answer?

Meggles76 Mon 08-Nov-10 11:05:10

High waist skinnies from Next - £25. The fact that they are high waist stops them falling down.

GingerGlitterGoddess Mon 08-Nov-10 11:07:59

that's good to know, thanks

GingerGlitterGoddess Mon 08-Nov-10 11:09:28

ooh they look nice too!

woopsidaisy Mon 08-Nov-10 11:10:00

I had these in white for the Summer and they were great!
Lots of people seem to recommend the Next ones,so I may give them a go too.

vintage4 Mon 08-Nov-10 11:10:00

i have on Primark skinny jeans.They are great and low waisted so don`t fall down

GingerGlitterGoddess Mon 08-Nov-10 11:39:58

hmmm i have primark ones one size up from my normal size, but they are too tight really so when i bend my legs it makes them come down a bit IYSWIM - I am thinking I might try them on in a 16 to see what they're like, £8 IIRC so worth a go! What size are yours compared to your usual size vintage?

GingerGlitterGoddess Mon 08-Nov-10 11:41:33

Woopsidaisy how do those South ones come up size wise? I am a curvy 12. I am liking the grey (no idea whether that is a good move fashion wise so am happy to have my mind changed on that!)

vintage4 Mon 08-Nov-10 12:24:16

i am a 10 and my jeans are a 10.It was a bit of a struggle to get them on the first time.Mostly to do with the fact i had never really worn skinny jeans before.Now even when washed they go on ok but are tight but not too tight and they definately are not falling down .I will admiit to a bit of muffin top in them though but have on a long shirt thing and you cannot see it

fishie Mon 08-Nov-10 12:25:46

uniqlo.

GingerGlitterGoddess Mon 08-Nov-10 12:31:55

Hmmm. I must be freakishly shaped then!!!

yangymac Mon 08-Nov-10 12:33:51

Message withdrawn

woopsidaisy Mon 08-Nov-10 12:46:37

Well GGG,I am very much an hourglass.Small waist,but oodles of loose skin on tummy from being mahoosive when pregnant.Size 14/16. I found the 14 were a teeny bit snug on the waist,but beautiful everywhere else.They were really comfy.Wore them all Summer!

GingerGlitterGoddess Mon 08-Nov-10 13:04:17

Thanks woops I might go for it then if Primarni no good, they do look a lovely shape.

brisbea Mon 08-Nov-10 13:26:33

GingerGlitterGoddess you are not alone. I too am freakishly shaped in this way. (Think it might be a slim hips / not much waist problem). High waisters definitely do the trick for me and avoid the unsightly builders bum when bending down to tie toddler's shoe laces!!

GingerGlitterGoddess Mon 08-Nov-10 13:30:18

I've got more of the big hips/curvy back issue! But not entirely sure why the size up in primark jeans is still a touch small!

moragbellingham Mon 08-Nov-10 15:25:52

High waist Next skinnies from me too!

EldonAve Mon 08-Nov-10 15:33:31

thanks everyone

I'm afraid I don't like the style of the Next ones, maybe their jeggings would be a better bet but they are sold out

I have some Primark ones but they're a bit too small

GingerGlitterGoddess Mon 08-Nov-10 17:58:27

What size you do have in Primark ones OP, I have some size 14's up for grabs, as new!!! grin

chibi Mon 08-Nov-10 18:15:55

h + m super sqin

sparkle1977 Mon 08-Nov-10 21:56:56

I find I have the same problem and some friends advised me to try "jeggings or treggings", so tried a pair on thinking that they were hideous and no way was i going to get some but found these ones were fab.

LadyViper Mon 08-Nov-10 21:59:14

i was just about to say jeggings, they don't go baggy like jeans and more comfortable

PippiL Mon 08-Nov-10 22:00:00

Reading with interest.

Am a curvy 14-16 and never thought I could or should wear skinny jeans.

Just ordered the Next ones recommended in about 3 different sizes just to make sure!

kuckingfunt Mon 08-Nov-10 22:37:59

I've got the Next ones and dont really like them. The sizing is odd and they tend to fall down around the crutch! They are also not tight enough around the knees and all gather up, so it looks like I am wearing straight legged jeans when I wear them tucked into boots.

GingerGlitterGoddess Mon 08-Nov-10 23:58:12

sparkle linky no worky - have never ever considered such items as suspect every dimple of cellulite might be on show! Is almost 34 too old for jeggings anyway?

Thanks kucking so the next ones are out of the running then!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: