Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Question for high heel wearers....

(17 Posts)
MooMinCow Sun 07-Nov-10 21:26:45

Am looking for some black patent/suede platform court shoes, have tried loads but am having real problems getting ones that fit properly. Am usually a size 5 but find that I always have a gap at the back of my shoe and the shoe slips off and if I go down a size (or half size) they fit better at the back but my toes start to go numb from lack of circulation!

I tried some lovely ones in LK Bennett earlier and the assistant reckons its the shape of my feet hmm

So does anyone else have this problem? Do you use insoles etc to get a better fit, or go up or down a size? Or is this just normal when you wear heels?

takingchances Sun 07-Nov-10 21:28:07

Have you ever tried something like this? Don't know how good these specific ones are but there are many brands available and they usually do the job (I have a similar prob): dp/B000Z4B3CA

Ewe Sun 07-Nov-10 21:31:33

I have same problem with court shoes, would a shoe-boot/shoe with something over the front help? They do for me.

CMOTdibbler Sun 07-Nov-10 21:36:58

How about a wide fit in half a size down ? And the heel sticky things help

MooMinCow Sun 07-Nov-10 21:38:14

Have tried those gel things takingchances and they just came unstuck and stuck to my tights! Maybe I just got a duff pair though?

These are the ones I wanted but wouldn't fit (sob)

I wouldn't ever spend that much normally on shoes but I thought by going to a top end store they would fit me better (resigns herself to abandoning style and wearing old lady shoes)

SevenAgainstThebes Sun 07-Nov-10 21:43:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

takingchances Sun 07-Nov-10 21:55:29

Yes get good ones. Not gel. You can get ones that are fabric/rubber and they stick really well. I have no idea what the brand is, my mum got them for me one time and they really worked. You can't switch them around between shoes but they'll make the LK ones fit perfectly.
Maybe a bit more like these

MooMinCow Sun 07-Nov-10 21:59:11

That's what the lady in LK Bennett suggested (after politely telling me I had freaky shape feet)

Or might try CMOTdibbler's suggestion of wider fit in smaller size. Might order these in the wider fit in 4.5

Glad I'm not the only one!

angelene Sun 07-Nov-10 22:15:17

The Scholl party feet gel things are the best. I've tried other brands and the Scholl ones are the only ones that stay put.

MooMinCow Sun 07-Nov-10 22:28:40

sorry x post taking chances but might give those a go

angelene-wouldn't those scholl ones just make the shoe tighter round the toes?

gah - if I was rich I would have custom made shoes. back on planet earth I will order loadsa shoes online and hope for the best!

brimfull Sun 07-Nov-10 22:53:09

I have same problem
don't think it's because of some problem with my feet
it's just logical isn't it
the higher the heel sheer vertical slope causing the problem

i don't see how people can't have a problem

correct me if i'm wrong

wider and smaller helps in my case but tbh i only wear heels up to 3" as anymore and it's torture

Oblomov Sun 07-Nov-10 23:26:09

Same problem here. Recently bought three pairs of 3 inch heels. including these :
and they are slipping off everytime I walk.
Very irritating.

starsareshining Sun 07-Nov-10 23:32:33

I love wearing heels and never have this problem. Perhaps I'm the one with the abnormal feet.

PastaDiva Mon 08-Nov-10 00:49:22

I use mini insoles which just go under the forefoot rather than the whole of the foot including the heel iyswim.

They really make heels much more comfortable and don't seem to cause pinching but without them my feet slide forwards in most heels.

Mine aren't scholl but they might be similar to those 'party feet' things mentioned before.

HotchpotchHoney Mon 08-Nov-10 11:00:06

sam as pastadiva i use the half sized insoles that go under the ball of your foot. you don;t need the smaller size then, i wear very high heels and they work perfectly, without them my feet slip out and i either lose my shoe or walk like a duck trying to keep them on.
also try kg shoes by jurt geiger, from john lewis, they have been brilliant, nicely shaped, good platform sole and comfy.
the next ones you will probably need insoles to make them comfy to wear anyway.

MooMinCow Mon 08-Nov-10 16:58:21

Thanks ladies...

Pastadiva - are those the slim insoles I've seen that have a little gel pad at the front and back?

HPHoney - Was in JLewis yesterday but didn't see any basic platforms, but will look at the KG website.

PastaDiva Wed 10-Nov-10 00:29:38

No mine are just basic brown upper surface with rubber underneath. Bought them at Jones Bootmakers at the same time as I bought the shoes.

These are the same shape - gel ones probably more comfy too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: