Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Maternity clothes for tall girls (non-hideous!!)

(28 Posts)
supersunnyday Sat 06-Nov-10 13:48:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HopeForTheBestExpectTheWorst Sat 06-Nov-10 13:52:29

Am not a wise S&B lady (if only) but am tall (just over 6') and bought EVERYTHING at H&M, and looked damn stylish throughout my pg, even if I do say so myself

supersunnyday Sat 06-Nov-10 13:54:13

HopeForTheBestExpectTheWorst Sat 06-Nov-10 13:59:10

I was pg 4 years ago, so don't know what the range is like now, but it was their normal maternity stuff.
I also find their trousers tend to fit me too, they seem to be cut rather on the long side.

Oooh, and I also had an H&M next to work while pg which had my lunchtime shopping sorted out nicely!!

supersunnyday Sat 06-Nov-10 14:08:16

HopeForTheBestExpectTheWorst Sat 06-Nov-10 14:19:56

I'm in Germany where I think women tend to be taller, so maybe the H&Ms here cater to that? My tall friend who has rather large feet was in 7th heaven visiting here because women's shoe sizes always go up to at least 42 in pretty much every style - I think she went back with eight pairs of shoes!

<sorry, I digress!>

supersunnyday Sat 06-Nov-10 14:24:55

FortiesCromarty Sat 06-Nov-10 14:27:03

Longer trousers here

supersunnyday Sat 06-Nov-10 15:38:33

Silkstalkings Sat 06-Nov-10 16:20:55

Have a look on Ebay for some of the superlong maxi sundresses from the summer. I just found a stretchy black bias cut one with a swirly bottom and it would be great with a bump. A great base to add layers or knitwear to and you don't have to shave your legs hurrah.

When I was last pg I bought a cheapie black stretch miniskirt (Matalan/Primark etc) big enough to stretch over a bump and I wore that to cover the gap/drawstring. I wore it over leggings or horrid-looking but comfy over-the-bump maternity jeans.

LionsAreScary Sat 06-Nov-10 18:08:26

Next do some maternity styles in longer length options. I found them in the store in Westfield, w. London. The jeans in particular were great - normally I wouldn't buy jeans from Next because I think you can get better quality for the price, but if you only need them to last a few months anyway, that doesn't matter so much.

I'm 5'8'' / size 14 by the way.

Also a lover of H&M for maternity clothes.
Mamas and Papas were a bit short all round - shame as some interesting styles.

notnearlyasblondasiwas Sat 06-Nov-10 18:16:11

I used a lot of Next and New Look maternity clothes last time (I am 6'1 and a size 16 ish all over) they were fab and reasonably priced. Have just found out this morning I am pregnancy again, so will be looking out for some nice things - let me know if you find any good stuff!

smugtandemfeeder Sun 07-Nov-10 08:06:57

Isabella Oliver leggings are very long and amazing. I know.they are expensive but worth it. I need 36 inch leg and they were nice and long on me. Had to get maternity jeans from new look online. very cheap but they do 36 inch leg ones, although often sold out.

supersunnyday Sun 07-Nov-10 10:19:05

AvaGardner Sun 07-Nov-10 10:27:10

Hello, I feel your pain. I'm 6 ft1 and had a difficult time finding clothes for my first pregnancy. Felt like a bag lady for much of it. Second time around was much easier however -- I wore Top Shop maternity leggings - which are long and stretchy even though not in their 'tall' range and H&M tunics. M&S is good too - their trousers not long enough but they had some good skirts which I wore with maternity tights! Good luck -- there's a decent choice out there. x

supersunnyday Sun 07-Nov-10 10:27:20

AvaGardner Sun 07-Nov-10 10:38:15

oops sorry about the kiss. was on sleepy autopilot

ps do topshop online, much easier to get hold of what you want that way.

supersunnyday Sun 07-Nov-10 11:32:45

smugtandemfeeder Sun 07-Nov-10 15:52:19

they also do some of the topshop maternity jeans in a 34 leg. these ones for instance. As with new look you just have to keep checking the website as they often keep coming in and out of stock.

IO do some nice maternity jeans which come in a long 35 inch if you wanted to splash out on one pair - as you will get a lot of wear out of them. I just couldnt quite bring myself to spend this much money on jeans.

As you can tell I spent a lot of time looking for long jeans when I was pregnant!!!

supersunnyday Sun 07-Nov-10 17:42:15

smugtandemfeeder Mon 08-Nov-10 07:29:22

If you click on the details tab of these jeans it says long length is 35". Wish I had bought them!!

IO jeans

supersunnyday Mon 08-Nov-10 21:23:52

dueinjune Mon 08-Nov-10 21:30:48

Try http://www.tallmaternitystore.co.uk. They are really helpful too.

dueinjune Mon 08-Nov-10 21:42:41

www.tallmaternitystore.co.uk

deaddei Mon 08-Nov-10 22:08:12

Be grateful you weren't pregnant 15 years ago when there was NOTHING.
I had to wear Mothercare baggy linen shorts (cringes at the memory), and maternity trousers about 4 inches too short.
God I hated being pregnant.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: