Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Moisturiser settling-in period?

(10 Posts)
EndoTheRoad Fri 05-Nov-10 11:55:44

Hi.

Started using a new (oily) face wash and moisturiser (of the same brand).

It's been 5 days and I have gained a few (extra) little pimples on my face.

Would you persevere or abandon?

Thanks for any replies.

TracyK Fri 05-Nov-10 12:11:10

It depends - has either of them got AHA's or the like in them?

If they do then I'm guessing they'll be bringing out the impurities first.

But if not - I'd ditch.

EndoTheRoad Fri 05-Nov-10 12:28:24

Hmmm...

Not sure.

They're from the L'occitane range, so assumed these (plant-based) products could only be good...

TracyK Fri 05-Nov-10 12:54:20

Is it quite perfumed?

EndoTheRoad Fri 05-Nov-10 15:59:11

Well, parfum is listed on both the products, about half way through the list.

This is bad?

TracyK Sun 07-Nov-10 07:39:01

How's it going Endo? Has it settled down yet?

EndoTheRoad Tue 09-Nov-10 09:34:36

It's not going well - more zits and general blotchy crapness.

It's been 9 days. I am not pleased.

Cost muchas pounds - will grieve me to dash it.

Tut.

margherita76 Tue 09-Nov-10 09:42:53

take it back and say you came out in a rash (go in with no makeup on). Given the price of that range I would say you should ask for your money back. Also - they are a bit pseudo natural IMO, and you are better off with Liz Earle or Sanctuary at Boots or even Soap and Glory

polyhymnia Tue 09-Nov-10 09:54:26

Agree with margherita - IMO L'Occitane is more of a marketing concept than a serious 'natural' (as much as anything can be - even plants are made up of chemicals) product. I've also always found their perfumes very strong and 'artificial' smelling. Definitely take the product back and ask for a refund. I've done this with a v. pricy Lancome cream in past when I had a bad reaction and they refunded without fuss.

As for what is really more 'natural', as I've said, I think there's lots of hype around on that one, and I wouldn't particularly recommend another line on those grounds. Also, my own skin isn't oily so I don't know what works best.

Hope you get it sorted.

EndoTheRoad Tue 09-Nov-10 11:13:20

Oh dear.

I bought the bits in the UK and I won't be back there until Christmas - not even sure I have the receipt, damnit.

Doubt they'll refund without receipt/with receipt a couple months old, will they?

Have made a note of recommendations. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: