Talk

Advanced search

An oil free moisturiser with SPF?

(14 Posts)
latrucha Fri 17-Sep-10 21:53:16

Does anyone know of one? I want a moisturiser with an SPF15 but all the ones I can find are 'anti-ageing' one which are too rich for my skin. I usually use an oil free / anti shine type of moisturiser.

And if it doesn't break the bank, I'll be super pleased.

zulinka Tue 21-Sep-10 22:37:30

Same problem. I was using (and loving) Boots Expert anti-blemish day moisturiser SPF 15,then 2 week's ago I discovered that
it's been discontinued.
I,ve tried various brands and my skin always becomes clogged and bumpy within 3 to 4 days,- along my face resembling a chip pan throughout the day.

herethereandeverywhere Tue 21-Sep-10 23:34:51

Agreed. Finding anything oil-free with SPF (sunscreen or moisturiser) is like the Holy Grail. I'm sick of looking like a greasy pizza whenever I'm "protecting" my skin. And the blocked pores last for weeks after I've discontinued use.

I found a great one in Spain about 5 years ago (foto-something) but even that's been discontinued.

I'll watch this with interest!

mathanxiety Wed 22-Sep-10 04:00:19

Olay Complete spf 30 has zinc oxide and is not greasy. And there's Eucerin with zinc oxide too -- don't know if you'd have to buy this on the net though.

BelieveInLife Wed 22-Sep-10 10:06:03

Kiehls do a good oil free very light moisturiser with SPF.

netbook Wed 22-Sep-10 10:10:14

The Avene range is really good for oily skin. if you answer a few questions on their website it will tell you which products are best for you. here is the website

FairPhyllis Wed 22-Sep-10 10:12:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

latrucha Wed 22-Sep-10 12:54:19

I just noticed that this had kicked off.

I have found this in the meantime but not tried it yet. You can get it a bit cheaper on ebay.

I'm off to check out that link.

Patsy99 Wed 22-Sep-10 13:48:21

I've got oily skin and use this, it's great value:-

www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Olay-Complete-Care-D aily-UV-Fluid/30292011?parentContainer=SEARCHolay

Someone here on S&B recommended Mac Prep and Prime SPF 50.
www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_I D=CAT21867&PRODUCT_ID=PROD74258

It's an absolutely brilliant product, a really matte finish, but £20 for 30ml and although I used it all summer not sure it's justified in winter.

mizu Wed 22-Sep-10 14:19:42

Clinique does a moisturiser for oily skin and it has an SPF 25 too. Not cheap though, £35.

TitchyWitch Wed 22-Sep-10 19:23:29

I have used Boots Botanics Pore Perfecting SPF 15 in the past, tis cheap (2 for £7.50) at the mo so if you don't like it then not end of the world.

Newmummy1111 Wed 28-May-14 10:35:40

Try aveeno products. Sadly most of them are sold on amazon but they work wonders. I have been using Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF-15 UVA/UVB for almost 5 years now and I love it but I usually have to order it for amazon....

daisydaisys Wed 28-May-14 11:39:08

I second the Avene suggestion. Also steer clear of the oil-free, mattifying body shop SPF (possibly in their sea weed collection?) I thought I'd found the perfect oil-free SPF but it gave me terrible spots.

monalisasmiler Fri 14-Apr-17 17:39:29

Any more updates on this also interested on primer and foundation recommendations for combination mature skin TIAxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now