Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

OMG following on from my coat thread I just need to say a MAHOOSIVE thankyou to Shop on the Beach!

(88 Posts)
WilfShelf Fri 17-Sep-10 12:50:40

Original thread here...

Shop on the Beach, who have been reporting that their Merrell coats have been flying out the door [hmm, wonder why...? grin] following my coat thread, have bloody well sent me a free pair of Merrell boots! And they fit beautifully! And I love them!

They are OFFICIALLY my lovely, wonderful people of choice. Moveover Mr Boden, Mumsnet has a new god...

[And by the way, I do NOT work for them, do not work in marketing/PR, and I asked MNHQ's permission before posting this thread...]

Hullygully Fri 17-Sep-10 12:52:34

I want stuff.

Is there a south american holiday house company that would like me to sing their praises at all?

summery Fri 17-Sep-10 12:54:08

Oooh lucky you, those boots look fab

xAshx Fri 17-Sep-10 13:02:08

How fab! Gorgeous boots (maybe a run on those soon too??)!

Katisha Fri 17-Sep-10 13:03:30

<Stunned and jealous silence>

PacificDogwood Fri 17-Sep-10 13:04:18

Totally deserved, Wilf smile!

Says I sitting here stroking my Wakefield from SOTB - they owe you big time grin

DavidDickheadson Fri 17-Sep-10 13:09:51

Nice boots, lady.

You totally deserve them though, I had no idea how much I needed a Merrell coat till I read your thread.

partyhats Fri 17-Sep-10 13:18:20

well done, enjoy your boots, they look v cosy!

Bumperlicious Fri 17-Sep-10 13:31:46

Awww how nice! If I can justify a Wakefield I will check their shop out - do I want a wakefield though or to wait for the new stock?!

yangymac Fri 17-Sep-10 13:35:10

Message withdrawn

PacificDogwood Fri 17-Sep-10 13:35:31

Actually, I changed my mind: Damn you, Wilf, now I want need those boots wink

yangymac Fri 17-Sep-10 13:38:20

Message withdrawn

tattycoram Fri 17-Sep-10 13:39:06

envy I've wanted some of those boots for yonks!

onadietcokebreak Fri 17-Sep-10 13:40:00

I think I will pop over to their shop at the weekend and have a nosey...looks good!

CaptainNancy Fri 17-Sep-10 13:41:23

Wow! Result Wilfgrin

WilfShelf Fri 17-Sep-10 13:41:33

Well, exactly, it's 'viral marketing', innit.

I'm having slight guilt heebie-jeebies now because it was a collective endeavour in the end. On the other hand, you can't SHARE the boots so you cannot, in fact, have them <barricades door>

And it isn't moral for me to do wilful marketing for them [I wasn't, I was just searching for coats, and I still haven't bought my own!]. So I hope they will embrace MN with an advertising deal if they do truly think we're a good place to sell.

yangymac Fri 17-Sep-10 13:42:41

Message withdrawn

PacificDogwood Fri 17-Sep-10 13:46:49

I didn't even know SOTB existed before Wilf's thread but suspect I will be shopping there again <<sits on hands waiting for MN discount>>

V v clever marketing and good on them, what with recovery from a recession and all wink!

soremummy Fri 17-Sep-10 13:47:47

Well done! That coat looks fab but I would like to try one first before I buy do you know of any stockists in Yorkshire? Have to run now will check later thanks

StreathamHillary Fri 17-Sep-10 13:50:51

Those coats are the beesknees.

I have sent for something (but not a coat)

tattycoram Fri 17-Sep-10 13:55:26

Gosh don't feel bad! They were lucky that you collectively stumbled on them, you were lucky that they had the smarts (as my American cousin would say) to capitalise on the marketing opportunity that came their way. Enjoy the boots grin

WilfShelf Fri 17-Sep-10 14:13:58

Look what they just said in an email:

"We're a very small company (only 4 members of staff) and we struggle to compete with the big retailers, so we try very hard to offer great service, with a more human element than the big shops can offer. The recession knocked the stuffing out of us a bit, so it's been a huge morale boost for us to hear people saying lovely things about us on Mumsnet. You've made our month, so we wanted to make your day in return.

Thanks from all of us here - Tina, Rob, Hannah and Nadine."

sniff blub

yangymac Fri 17-Sep-10 14:22:56

Message withdrawn

Katisha Fri 17-Sep-10 14:38:59

Tina, Rob, Hannah and Nadine you are doing a good job!
In fact Merrell could learn a thing or two from you as they never even replied to emails enquiring about stock.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Fri 17-Sep-10 14:42:38

Ah, that's lovely!

<<hunts for tissues>>

How nice of them. Enjoy your boots and I hope they make lots more money out of Mners.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: