Talk

Advanced search

What's the best 'shape-wear' underwear?

(9 Posts)
dontrunwithscissors Mon 06-Sep-10 16:52:52

I've bought a new dress and now need something to keep all my lumps and bumps under control when I'm wearing it. smile I was looking at something like this from M & S. I'm not sure whether it will be any good, though. So...what's the best brand/make of 'shape-wear'? I'd very much welcome any recommendations.

traceybath Mon 06-Sep-10 16:54:37

I have this and its very good for smoothing purposes.

happilyeverafter Mon 06-Sep-10 17:25:12

I have these beauties and they are superb for tummy/hips. I can't get on with Spanx, the legs roll up and the top rolls down plus they leave a line up my tummy from the seam.

They go right up to my bra and teamed with the wonderbra ultimate strapless over the bottom part of it.

Bloody scary looking though!

UKBeauty Sat 18-Dec-10 22:15:25

I have an Ardyss Body Magic from www.bodyShapersCatalogue.com. It flattens my tummy, makes by boobs more perky and even slims by about 2 dress sizes wink

They have loads of others to choose from.

NW20 Sat 18-Dec-10 22:27:45

I have a Trinny and Susannah body suit thing which is brilliant! Even at disguising my current very attractive c-section overhang (which I hope to reduce in the new year!)

I paid about £40 for it but I have since seen it in tkmaxx for about £15, so have a look their first!

Havingkittens Sun 19-Dec-10 10:49:10

If you want something pretty or sexy then you could do a lot worse than going to www.whatkatiedid.com - varying degrees of control, from corselettes to 50s style girdles.

HollyBollyBooBoo Sun 19-Dec-10 20:49:45

Have bought M&S before and wasn't particularly impressed. Sizes seemed odd, all nasty nylon and didn't last well at all.

biryani Sun 19-Dec-10 20:59:03

Looks ok on the model, but are the boobs inside or out? If boobs are outside, I would worry about overhang and how to go to the loo. PS I've got a pair of magic knickers with a gross little slit in them to "go" through without taking them down...

Would perhaps a pair of control tights do just as well?

Titsandteeth Sun 19-Dec-10 22:03:16

LOVE that site havingkittens. Gorgeous stuff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now