Talk

Advanced search

bra-less. Shall I or shan't I? Do you?

(38 Posts)
Jewelsandgems Sat 28-Aug-10 20:52:56

So. I have this beautiful silky top from zara, with a beautiful asymetric neckline where you can see a bit of shoulder. Looks fine with strapless bra... but looks sexier without a bra at all.

So the thing is, do I go braless and then possibly regret it/feel a bit 'saggy'. Or, just go with bra?

I also have a basque that looks great with it but it is a bit tight uncomfortable.

General opinions please!?

OP’s posts: |
Jewelsandgems Sat 28-Aug-10 20:54:05

BTW this is to wear on a night out - NOT for daytime!

themildmanneredjanitor Sat 28-Aug-10 20:54:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BitOfFun Sat 28-Aug-10 20:56:27

You will look like you are smuggling peanuts. Bra. Or at least those stick-on cups.

PersonalClown Sat 28-Aug-10 20:57:18

Agree with MMJ..36HH here,
Need industrial scaffolding the minute I get out of bed.

I miss strappy tops<<remembers teen/early 20's days of 36B>>

PYT Sat 28-Aug-10 20:59:18

If they are small and pert, yes. Otherwise, no.

I have big breasts with a slight sag, and haven't gone bra-less since I was 18!

SleepingLion Sat 28-Aug-10 20:59:27

32GG here. haven't gone bra-less since I was about 13. And there's no getting round the fact that it does indeed look as if you are smuggling peanuts.

themildmanneredjanitor Sat 28-Aug-10 20:59:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jewelsandgems Sat 28-Aug-10 21:01:49

I am a 30D. They rather pert, my nipples look 'up'. but still, I have had 2 children. Maybe I am just fooling myself and will look foolish... blush

traceybath Sat 28-Aug-10 21:04:29

I'd do a bra personally but after 3 dc's and bf mine will never be described as pert.

You're the best judge though - just don't do a Britney wink

ps how did your interview go?

dexter73 Sat 28-Aug-10 21:04:40

I would go for the bra as they will look very 'jiggly' without one!

Jewelsandgems Sat 28-Aug-10 21:06:44

tracey I got the job

dexter yes jiggly!

traceybath Sat 28-Aug-10 21:10:16

Yeay! Well done you - however bet you make no money as you'll spend it all in-store with that tempting discount wink

BitOfFun Sat 28-Aug-10 21:10:33

It depends on what sort of attention you want to attract, really. I've got nice tits, but I don't think I'd want blokes talking to them all night.

traceybath Sat 28-Aug-10 21:11:30

BOF - are you back from Budapest and did you have a lovely time?

Jewelsandgems Sat 28-Aug-10 21:11:53

ha tracey I had to buy some 'work clothes' today. Some beautiful cropped tapered leg trousers from zara, and some beautiful tops (including the one I am posting about...) They said I could wear stuff to start off with that was simular to what they sell, so I needed to more encouragement that that

dexter73 Sat 28-Aug-10 21:12:51

There was a lady at my last job who used to wear silky tops with no bra and the men would literally stop what they were doing to stare when she walked through the office. It was quite funny to watch their faces shock like this!

BitOfFun Sat 28-Aug-10 21:14:41

Had a FABULOUS time, traceybath- couple of pics on my profile. You must come to an MN meet at the apartment- sleeps 12 grin

Jewelsandgems Sat 28-Aug-10 21:15:00

BOF yes good point. Good point, and I guess if I am out and decide to whip bra off then that's easily done right!

dexter well this would definately be a night time excursion. For daywear, top would definately be worn with good bra

happiestblonde Sat 28-Aug-10 21:15:31

I never wear bras, aside to work. I'm a small D and am hoping the lack of support will not lead to sag.

traceybath Sat 28-Aug-10 21:18:19

Oh Bof - photos look fab - now that would be a good meet up wink

Happiest - you're a d and don't wear a bra - how can that not lead to sag? What happens if you need to run somewhere?

I have become prudish in my old age and would hate men staring at my nipples.

BitOfFun Sat 28-Aug-10 21:18:38

I suppose I could say the opposite, hb- I wear a bra all the time except for "work". Which is the odd bit of stripping off for DP's paintings grin

Jewelsandgems Sat 28-Aug-10 21:33:09

Ok so maybe bra-less with those nipple stickers grin infact, I don't think I could bring myself to go for that... hmm

BitOfFun Sat 28-Aug-10 21:38:15

The "invisible bras" work better than nipple stickers, IMO.

traceybath Sat 28-Aug-10 21:38:59

My mum used to use sellotape back in the day - ouch!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in